Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Classy looking 01s?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Classy looking 01s?

get rims, lower it, black out the headlights, oem fog lights, maybe a nice catback exhaust?, and thats all you need. If you're not into body kits, consider checking out OEM factory lip kits?
Here's a pic of mine, probably could call me moderate rice
Thats definitely not all you need.. I'm tellin ya boost is a lot of fun. But I call that no rice. Maybe its just me but your car is pretty clean looking, I like it. Everyone hates on the 7th gen. You can make it look nice and"classy" without it being ricey. You just have to have some taste. Stick to simple lines, stuff that flows with factory styling,keep it clean.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

[/quote]

this is prob one of the only ones i like....could use some different wheels but overall pretty nice...

like what you did with the tails also...jpnolan i dont like your tails...IMO
[/quote]

ya neither do i im thinking about smoking my oem ones but idk if i should and i dont know how.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM

classy and fast. K series hiding in there

Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

oh my goodness that is beast.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

^^ Wow.. Sexy.

I wanna tint my stock tails too.. It would be nice, I dunno if i'm enjoying my Altezzas, though it doesn't look TOO bad.

Also, whoever said 7th gens suck. Not really, you can mod the d and have some pretty nice results. Everyone just hates on the D17 and jumps onto the k20a2 bandwagon. Sure, if you want SERIOUS power and can afford, by all means.. Go for the k20 swap. But honestly, with that 8k just in swap, I could do SO much to my car, and get better hp results. Lets see, shall we?

Safe setup of Nitrous ~ $1,000 running on 55~75 shots (55 - 75 hp)
I/H/E ~ $800 (10ish hp)
Crower stage 2 cam(/w retainers and springs) ~ $700 (20~25 hp with a good tune)
Turbo(Depending on type) ~ 2-3k(if you peice it yourself) Running on 7 psi(for starters) can easily put down 50 hp

Thats just some examples.. You can definately get power with the D17, but people just bash it so much and don't bother to try. I'd honetly rather spend $8k on internals, turbo, ect. then $8k on a swap that would only yield me 200hp (though it would be a great base to turbo, but you'd have to run race gas with that compression)

And come on, if you killed a stang, and they are like "What you running?" and pop the hood and show them that little D17 SOHC engine, i'm sure they would feel pretty damn pathetic by getting beat by such a small engine. I'm sure people have mixed feelings about modding the D17, but.. To each his own.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the comments

- the smoked tail lights are just tints I bought off of ebay for around 25 bucks.
Painting them was an option, but if the cops hate on me then i'll just rip the tints off in front of their faces.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

thanks for the comments

- the smoked tail lights are just tints I bought off of ebay for around 25 bucks.
Painting them was an option, but if the cops hate on me then i'll just rip the tints off in front of their faces.
Daaammnnn.. The tinted tails look sexy as hell. Think you can direct me to the tint you bought? I'm interested in doing my stock tails.

I don't know if i'm feeling my altezzas anymore [:'(].
Name:  civic3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  48.2 KB

Old 06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

^+1 on link for tint

Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Theres not too much you can do with that generation civic. There isnt a lot of aftermarket support
horse s h i t
learn to look in the right places there is plenty of exterior mods
http://www.dezod.com/default.cfm this is the place for performance but plenty of places have exterior parts
sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn't as much aftermarket support as the 5th/6th generations, therefore, that means it isn't a good base to start with. as far as performance, you're not going very far either. compared to other generations, the d17 is a bad platform unless you're stuborn and have a lot of cash to beef up the motor. the 7th generation is a BIG econobox compared to other civics.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: jpnolan

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Theres not too much you can do with that generation civic. There isnt a lot of aftermarket support
horse s h i t
learn to look in the right places there is plenty of exterior mods
http://www.dezod.com/default.cfm this is the place for performance but plenty of places have exterior parts
sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn't as much aftermarket support as the 5th/6th generations, therefore, that means it isn't a good base to start with. as far as performance, you're not going very far either. compared to other generations, the d17 is a bad platform unless you're stuborn and have a lot of cash to beef up the motor. the 7th generation is a BIG econobox compared to other civics.
Yes, I agree by comparason there isnt much support, although I do believe that there is sufficient support. I looks like there is enough support to make respectable numbers.

Quick Reply: Classy looking 01s?