Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

CF Hood on a black car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: CF Hood on a black car?

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

i like it ej6your car is sick, just about the only thing i would change would be removing the black door bumpers (not sure what they're called) and painting your lip kit and side skirst to match your car (unless of course your lip kit is CF, i cant tell if it is, but it doenst look like it)

EDIT: ej6 i just happened to look at your thread about new rims. I see you painted the skirst and the side bumpers, and it looks like you lowered it quite a bit. I think you need to update your gallery, that looks soooo good now
haha, that pic wasn't of my car, i wish it was. i was thinking of getting those rims, i just got a picture that looked close to what my car looks like. that might be a good idea to paint all of the black accessory parts as well, i might have to take you up on that. (and my lip is polyurethane, not cf)

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

i like it too but i wish those vents in the middle had black mesh instead of silver or aluminum whatever it is. u might could take that off and paint it one day. i dunno, just a suggestion.
i thought about that a long time ago, and i even got someone to photoshop the mesh in them black, but i can't seem to find a color to match the cf color of my hood (and they're stainless)

alright, now i'm between the black Rota Slipstreams, or factory Si wheels (which i may powercoat a black shade or something) what do you think? both in 15x?in.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

hate to get off topic but, what are your opinions on my hood, good or bad, won't hurt my feelings?
i love your hood. it looks awesome

Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

i like it ej6your car is sick, just about the only thing i would change would be removing the black door bumpers (not sure what they're called) and painting your lip kit and side skirst to match your car (unless of course your lip kit is CF, i cant tell if it is, but it doenst look like it)

EDIT: ej6 i just happened to look at your thread about new rims. I see you painted the skirst and the side bumpers, and it looks like you lowered it quite a bit. I think you need to update your gallery, that looks soooo good now
haha, that pic wasn't of my car, i wish it was. i was thinking of getting those rims, i just got a picture that looked close to what my car looks like. that might be a good idea to paint all of the black accessory parts as well, i might have to take you up on that. (and my lip is polyurethane, not cf)
oh man no way! i could swore that was your car. Yeah i highly suggest painting them bumpers, espeically after seeing that other car,that thing looks sick. I think the bumpers make it looks really stock and not as aggressiveas it should, especially with that hood.Yeah i couldnt really tell if the lip was CF or not, but now since i know, i thnk you should paint that guy too

I like that mesh in the hood silver though, black would look sick too, but i think silver looks good. Other than that, your car is prolly in my top 10 on the forum, i love it

Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

for anyone who's interested, there's a guy in PA that wants to TRADE his CF hood for a stock on. (03 civic)

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/15...-oem-hood.html
The hood is for an 04-05... 01-03s are different hoods... I am so happy because I love it! Would it look good on my car? Look at my sig and tell me what you think?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

^ yeah, i think it would look sick... your car is a dark blue right????

Old 02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

about those rims, i dunno i just dont like factory rims. slips....

Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

slips it is, the si rims are nice, but they just don't match the hood.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

good choice!!