Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Body kit/ Side Skirt question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Default Body kit/ Side Skirt question

Hey. Im sorta new to this forum. I usually just stop in and see whats new. But yea im hopefully getting a body kit soon for the good ole 20th b-day. Now im gonna do it all myself because well 1 its a b-bday present and 2 i dont wanna pay to have someone else put it on for more than what would be payed for the acutal body kit itself.
The front and rear bumper i can handle. The side skirts on the other hand i might be a lttle lost on.
On the wings west website they have a little DIY video on how to mount side skirts. But my question is
where do i get the double sided tape that they use for the skirts i know its just not some weak take that you can buy at walmart.
but yea any help or pointers would be great

Oh yea this is my car, its not amazing but its my hobby and it gets me going.
painted it myself and did all the work myself.
NO SPRAY PAINT lol its all done with compressor and HVLP gun
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/albu...b825537753.jpg

Old 07-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Default RE: Body kit/ Side Skirt question

Nice looking car. On my old Mits. Lancer I used 3M door trim tape I got from pepboys (you can get it at home depot, walmart, autozone, etc). Any 3M extra strong, double sided, all weather tape will work. Then I put a screw in each end (inside the wheel well) to hold it a little better. What kit you get?

Old 07-30-2005, 02:45 PM

thanks for the complement.
yeah um i think i decided on a spider style kit.

heres a picture/link
http://images.andale.com/f2/112/119/...92HIBWSSS2.JPG

as funny and stupid as it sounds..im hoping to grab it off ebay.. they have good kits.. and they're at a real nice price range. its like almost 400$ with shipping.
i dont really care about like quality, i mean i do but anything is better than i have.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:09 PM
HCF Member

IMO, the best body kit out there is the Avenger style (im not a hugefan of kits tho)...but whatever floats your boat

nice lookin car tho...what kind of paint did you use?

Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 PM

yea a lot of people have different opinions on body kits.
the paint isnt the best stuff
its like from a company called rayflew i heard its not the best but than again i dont have the funds to pay like 100 for a pint/quart of dupont or house of Kolor

Old 07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2 buddy club 2

~ from a person with taste.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

^^^ that one too

Old 07-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i think buddy club two are the best damn kits out there.....check them out, i really want one bad

www.buddyclub2.com

Old 07-30-2005, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

Here are pics for later model hondas. They dont have four door damnit! When I get mine Ill send them pics.

http://buddyclub2.com/bodykits/Honda.../4dr/index.htm

Old 07-31-2005, 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: MichiganRice22

thanks for the complement.
yeah um i think i decided on a spider style kit.

heres a picture/link
http://images.andale.com/f2/112/119/...92HIBWSSS2.JPG

as funny and stupid as it sounds..im hoping to grab it off ebay.. they have good kits.. and they're at a real nice price range. its like almost 400$ with shipping.
i dont really care about like quality, i mean i do but anything is better than i have.
Be carfull with the kits on ebay. They are good prices but it's not always about poor fitment. I bought one fore my old CRX for $400 shipped. Front was urethane and fit great, sides were two inchs too short and rear was as thin as an egg shell. I reinforced the rear bumper (not a huge deal) but ended up scraping the sides and spending another $200 on sidesskirts that fit. Moral is take into account that time = money and you may only spend $400 but all the extra time you spend will be more money + the supplies you have to buy to make it fit, or in my situation sides had to be re-bougt anyways so I ended up spending $700+ after everything and before painting.

Quick Reply: Body kit/ Side Skirt question