Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

blue carbon fiber hood?or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
HCF Member
Default blue carbon fiber hood?or not?

What do u guys think about this blue carbon fiber hood on this silver civic. I want to get a blue hood like this on my 2000 silver civic because no one has one around here and it looks cool,im also going with a blue theme (blue lights inside, blue underbodys (eventually),blue halos in my headlights, blue interier pieces) some of my friends tho say that it dosent go, and other people say that it looks really good, so tell me what you guys think..
(this is not my car,just showing you what the hood looks like!)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2140/7AD40A4B5DFF4CA49F23CA7EDBEAB49C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2005, 08:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: blue carbon fiber hood?or not?

honestly id stay away from it........but then again i dont like any of that kinda stuff (neon lights painted interior etc)..........YOU are the one whose gotta live with it.....if u like it buy it.......but id say no. The only way id ever get a CF hood was if i had a black car.....(obviously a black hood lol).........can u get one in silver? That would be pretty sick.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

I'm a yes for CF hoods. It seems like your rocking the same mods as the car in the pic. Ever think of a different color theme?

Old 05-22-2005, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

i like CF, and i agree w/ pcu... a silver CF hood would b bitchin'

it will also save 20-30 pounds stock

Old 05-23-2005, 12:06 AM

i'm going to have to say no. it looks like a spare part that you picked up from a blue civic in a scrap yard, but didn't manage to match the color. if you're going to get a cf hood, either get regular carbon or silver if they have it.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

i had to buy the silver car cuz thats all they had where i went to go bye it, i wanted black tho but that was only the si that came in black there and i dident have enough money, and iv always liked blue so ya, my other car before this one i had red and white happining, its the same thing with black carbon fiber hoods, from far,they look like something that is just off of another car and dident get it painted yet, and im not sure about where you live, but around here (ontario, canada) there are alot of wannabes that get black hoods for there car to make it seem like they have a carbon fiber one on! (stuiped people!!!)...keep giving the comments stay silver, or go blue cf hood?

Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM

i dunno about you, but i can definately tell between some kid spray painting his hood flat black and a carbon hood (especially if it's vented). if you aren't going to go with regular CF, go with silver not blue

Old 05-23-2005, 05:00 PM

I dont like it. I say go with regular CF or get a CF painted to match your car.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

there are alot of wannabes that get black hoods for there car to make it seem like they have a carbon fiber one on! (stuiped people!!!)...
Posing is a sad sad thing. It's like alcoholism. They live the lie.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

oh ya mossy, u can definitly tell weather someone has a real carbon fiber hood or not, but i was just saying from far sometimes if the suns not hitting it, its hard to tell..by the way guys i just looked up they do have a silver one but not a pic of it, just gold,blue and pink
http://www.bodykits.com/fullview.php...option_price=0

Quick Reply: blue carbon fiber hood?or not?