Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Anzo USA Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Default Anzo USA Projectors

Does anyone have any comments on the Anzo USA Projector Headlights for a 2001-05 Civic? I am very seriously considering buying them, in fact I'm ready to submit my order through Procivic.com, I'm just waiting on a potential price match. I own a blue 2003 Civic EX. It's stock right now minus interior changes, so I'm going to start of with new headlights and taillights. Does anyone have any input as to whether I should go with Anzo clear/chrome housings or black housings? I am personally partial to black on the blue car as since I plan to buy gun metal rims. Basically, my car is the same as this one: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2515434 Any input is appreciated, thanks all.
--
Dave

Old 12-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Default RE: Anzo USA Projectors

I went ahead and did a little chop with the rims I plan to get. They are Motegi FF7 in Gun Metal.

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pedrimsoa5.jpg

So will black projectors flow well with something like that?

Old 12-20-2006, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

Yeah they are a really great company! My last ones were AnzoUsa and now I have EagleEye... I got new ones because they got a crack in them... this is what they look like.... I have an 04 sedan... if you have an 03 you'll have the option of getting dual halos and those are absolutely sick!

Old 12-20-2006, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

And nice chop... just drop your car down a little more to close that gap! I am mixed between black or gunmetal rims, though... I really like that gunmetal on our blue... but black is so shiney!

Old 12-20-2006, 02:15 PM

I would say our blue lends itself better to a gunmetal. The gunmetal color doesnt black out the wheel well all the way while still providing a darker appearance, it's a good medium I would say. Now.. I ordered the Anzo USA Black ones from www.racezero.com instead of procivic due to pricing/shipping stuff. Do you know if those have the option for double halo? I would assume that means just two extra wires to hook up, but do they come with them already or not? Here's a link: http://www.racezero.com/webstore/cgi...vic01headlight

Old 12-20-2006, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

HAHAHA Retail price is $334.80! They are liars... I bought my projectors from Anzo directly brand new for 220... anyways, you got the dual halos and you're really going to like them, they really are crazy nice... they have all the wiring and stuff, there is a guy on here that has a DIY to connect the halos to a switch so they will turn off when the headlights turn on.

I know you've dropped alot of money on the headlights, but you now should really really consider putting an HID kit in them... having HID bulbs is going to look alot nicer and REALLY make a difference on the road. You'll notice that the projectors will aim the light in like 8 different spots like a flashlight and the bulbs they come with are just basic halogens... but if you get HIDs the light will be thrown like a solid line (like any luxury car) and it will be a MUCH safer ride.

WestImports (HCF vendor) has some for 220 and you're going to be an H1 bulb. You wont even need high beams so you can just keep the stock ones in, but even when they are on you wont notice them.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM

Well, that isnt something that I have to get right away I assume, correct? I mean, my plan right now is to get these, seal the housing and the glass again myself for safey's sake. And yeah, I definately see why I should buy new bulbs, but an entire HID kit? Aren't these lights already supposed to be really bright? Either way, I'd have to wait a couple of weeks to buy the HID kit. Would a pair of new PIAA bulbs suffice, or should I really spring for the HID kit?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

I dont think you understandwhat you bought...you bought projectorheadlight HOUSINGS...they are called projectors because of a glassball that sits in front of the light bulb (ideally an HID bulb) which is encased by a plastic housing. The housing itself emits ZERO light unless you put a lightbulb inside the housing which sits behind the glass ball. In OEM housings you can see the bulb just sitting there floating in the headlight housing... however when you look at a projector headlight you cannot see the lightbulb because there is a big glass orb in front of it.

The projector housings do not create any kind of light unless you put a bulbINSIDE the housing which sits BEHIND the projector orb. When you turn on a projector headlight with stock or stock replacement bulbsthe light is AIMED like a flashlight in strategic places, which means you cannot see everywhere. On OEM housings they throw light everywhere and make the whole ground bright no matter what kind of crap bulbs you have. This is why HIDs are important... since projectors are restrictive of where the light goes, HID bulbs can send sooo much light through the projector that it can literally flood the road with light because the projector orb simply cant all the light.

That means that if you put HIDs in OEM housings (which have NO restrictions on where the light is aimed) you will have ALOT of pissed off drivers everywhere because that incredible light just travels everywhere! HIDs and PROJECTORS should go hand in hand when lighting your car.

Yes, you don't need them right off the start butwhy not get HIDs when you can afford them? You're planning onpaying half ofthat pricefor PIAAs which SUCK in projectors... might as well stick with the bulbs they come with... the PIAAs are 80 bucks and they seriously will blow out after 4 months... I absolutely regret spending the amount of money I did on bulbs until I got HIDs... the hid kit will last you ALOT longer than any halogen bulb will and they are brighter...

Seriously, dont do PIAAs unless you want high beams because the high beam doesnt have any restrictions... but even then I recommend NOKYA because they are cheap and bright for stock replacement bulbs... Your bulb size for all of them is H1 by the way...

DANG THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY UP AT THE TOP!!!

I havent been on the forum for a while but dangit, I am tired of working right now and I gotta do something while my wife takes a dump! HAHAHA

Old 12-21-2006, 07:02 AM

Thank you so much for your explanation. You are right, I did not understand the concept behind the projectors. I'll definately go with the HID kit now. Do you have one in particular you think I should go with? 'Cause I'm gonna go down to that link on the forums here and look up the site you said, but I'd like to know if there is one in specific.
--
Dave

Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
HCF Member

can i ask. Are those stock gauges in that 03 civic?

Quick Reply: Anzo USA Projectors