Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

2003 Coupe EX: Long Term!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Default 2003 Coupe EX: Long Term!

So, I've bought fog lights and some Anzo USA Black Housed projectors. I recently decided not to bother with an HID kit, I simply can't justify the nearly $200 price tag when I already have working lights. If anything, maybe I will just buy some nice bulbs, but other than that, I see no need in outrageously bright lights. So, I've got a couple of options on the table right now.

I want to do something with my tail lights, I don't think I want the really chrome or anything like lights, I'd rather a pair of black (not Carbon FIber) housed lights, or maybe paint the edges of my current lights the color of my car (dark blue). I'll grab a picture of that to show you guys what I mean, but basically I would paint all around the edges to make the profile of the lights a bit smaller, while still retaining all functionality. However, I'm not sure how big of a fan I am of tinting the lights, I just don't think they would look very good.

Second, new wheels. I'm kind of lost when it comes to rims concerning brands and quality. I had found a nice pair of Motegi 17's, but a lot of people have said negative stuff about that brand. Firstly, I would like some input on rim size for a 2003 Civic EX, I was thinking 17", not too big or too small. Second, I was thinking about getting Gun Metal to match darker tail lights and head lights, but I don't want my wheel well to look all dark, I like the rims to be focused on with a nice looking set of tires with them... this has led me to think more towards a quicksilver/silver rim. Either way, I don't want black. So anyways, I figured I would ask for suggestions from everyone here concering rim size and color. I know I like to see through the wheel quite a lot, and generally I like thinner spokes more than wide ones. I don't like the nuts all around the outside either. Yeah, maybe those specifications will help you guys find a certain rim to link me to, even if not, where do you suggest for websites?

And finally, a lip kit. I would like an all around lip kit, I think I want to leave it black to add to the black lights theme and all that. Any suggestions on where to buy? Again, 2003 Coupe EX. So far the only webite that I have found has been www.streetstyler.com

Finally, I'd like to ask about lowering. What do you guys think? I want some safety for the road, I don't want my wheels smacking into the wheel well, or anything like that. I think I have the knowledge to lower it on my own, and I'm sure it wont be terribly hard. (I have access to the equipment needed). How far can I lower with 17" wheels? I really don't know about this stuff, should I get smaller rims for more lowering, or 17's with a fair amount of lowness? I don't want my body to hit the road when I go over a speed bump or anything like that, basically I need the low down on the whole lowering scene.

Sorry for the long winded post, I appreciate the help a ton. Hope to get a good number of responses here. The more links I get, the better. I've done a lot of looking, and I suppose I would like to avoid Ebay as much as I can, but if there are reputable sellers on Ebay, I am fine to go through that medium. Either way, I'm usually more comfortable going through a regular reseller. Thanks a lot!!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Default RE: 2003 Coupe EX: Long Term!

Nobody? :/