Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

00 Si fog lights installed!PIX!! Need other opinions on light options

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:52 PM
HCF Member
Default 00 Si fog lights installed!PIX!! Need other opinions on light options

Hey everybody.. I finally installed my fog lights almost 2 weeks ago. Installation was a snap...making the stupid holes on the bumper is what takes more time.[:'(]GRRRR..As most of you guys and some gals know this were a gift from my G/F for my B-day ...Yes I'm planning on painting the plastic housingCovers Electron Blue Pearl to match the rest of the car..Until I find the time I will get them painted.
I took off the OEM bulbs cuz they suck. I installed my PIAA Xtreme Super White Bulbs on the OEM fog lights but they still look kind of off at night....Only option HID Kit to match my headlights (8K).
If i just buy some H3 bulbs (hid bulbs) can I connect them to my existing BALLASTS or do I need another HID kit with it's own Ballast for the Fog-lights.

I would like to go with a 6K for the fog lights or should I match it to my headlights 8K

On the floor you can tell where the fog-light hits compare to the Hid lights...See the color difference????

Old 03-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Default RE: 00 Si fog lights installed!PIX!! Need other opinions on light options

Yeh you can totally see where they are not HID.
I think you should HID them aswell. I must sort out a set of HIDs soon.. them more I see them the more i hate my lights lol!

These look awesome tho.. it will look cool if you paint them but they do look sick being the OEM colour.
As for using the same ballasts.. i cant see why it wouldnt work.. unless it draws too much power or something.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 00 Si fog lights installed!PIX!! Need other opinions on light options

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

As for using the same ballasts.. i cant see why it wouldn't work.. unless it draws too much power or something.
Thats exactly my concerned..I don't know if it will draw too much current and then my headlights will start to malfunction...I don't want to get a short before getting some answers 1st. Going the cheap way it alwaysends up being the most expensive way because you ruin other stuff.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:18 PM
February 2010 ROTM

no you cant use the same ballast it will be to much draw and personally on my 00 si i have the yellow bulbs and they look great i think another set of HIDS are overkill

Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

I been thinking on justadding just some Yellow PIAA bulbs...I don't know if it will look GAY

Old 03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
February 2010 ROTM

no they actually look good i have 8k hids and yellow fogs and they look great together.....

Old 03-16-2008, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

Thanks Bro...I'll keep it on mind..Maybe a yellow HID kit will look good also but it will be way cheaper just going with some Yellow PIAA bulbs.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

u should go with a set of piaa yellow's , i have a 6k HID and yellow fogs and i love it

Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 AM
HCF Member

you can have yellow fogs that are hids.....look for 3000k hids... do a search of pics of them on google there sick

Old 03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

Thanks everybody....Ill keep on mind the yellow Piaa bulbs or a yellow HID kit

Quick Reply: 00 Si fog lights installed!PIX!! Need other opinions on light options