Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

i believe thats right... (well...its one degree=1/11 of a horse, so its really every 11 degrees u gain one)
Ehh, I was close [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

ORIGINAL: cool chris

alright thats it im just leave the friggin stock exaust on my new car when i get it like the ol sayin goes if aint broke dont fix it i cant afford a catback so stock it is

Drill a few holes in the bottom of your stock muffler (the more, the merrier......oops, I mean the more, the meaner sounding). Then everyone will think you have a custom exhaust and maybe even a turbo, depending on the angle that you drill the holes.
And to make your engine run cooler, just use a long drillbit and go inbetween the fins of your radiator in a few spots. That'll let more air through to the engine.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:06 PM

well since my car will be my daily driver i want it as stock as i can keep it to keep good mpg and i dont want to rice my car car out i want my car to look cool .

Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM

Cool Chris,

I'm in the same boot you are about not doing anything that will majorly hurt mpg. But did put an INJEN Short RAM intake in there. MPG wasn't effected, matter of fact on the last tank of gas I got 15 more miles than with the stock intake. The engine is also running cooler because the air boxes in the 05 LX is huge and covers a lot of the engine and holds in a lot of heat, also the throttle response is better. I don't know all there is about cars or engines and will never claim to, but I do know that a cooler engine has to be a happier running engine, or at least a easier running one.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:31 AM

dont get the tips for the love of ricing, leave it alone, if u want a mellow sound, get a generic intake from ebay or pep boys. when u step on the gas wether its an automatic or not, a deep throuty sound will come from the motor, its not the muffler but sounds nice, but wen u become a real civic owner, get the freakin cat-back

Old 04-21-2005, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

A few things to consider an engine that breaths better gets better MPG. An exhaust(straight thru muffler alone) will change sound,add an intake and you will get 1)better air flow 2)a more aggressive sound 3)HP gain. Any straight through will provide some gains just different sound based on internal diameter of the unit and the tip(just like big o' rice tips). Performance comes from the ID of the piping leading from the header/cat. and straight thru muffler couples with an intake. More AIR IN + More AIR OUT= happy,cooler,more powerful car

Old 04-21-2005, 02:55 PM

the thing is imadj is that all he wants is all show n no go...... he doesnt want the power just the sound,, get an intake, youll hear it and get sum power,, most bang for ur buck

Old 04-21-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

hell if all he wants is sound how about he not even spend money and just rip open his muffler

Old 04-21-2005, 09:33 PM

You could always just stick a potatoe in the tailpipe. That'll give you a deep throaty sound that you're lookin for and you can just get the potatoe from your mom. Won't cost ya anything!