Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

it's a slight hiss if at all...and you have to really listen for it, it doesn't blare over the engine or anything, and I agree....it definately doesn't sound like somethings wrong with the car...maybe to someone who doesnt know anything about cars...but then again, someone who doesnt know anything about cars would think something was horribly wrong with a car when they heard a bov.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

huh ive never heard any hiss

Old 04-19-2005, 12:48 PM

My car hisses [8D]

But from a thermodynamic standpoint, every degree cooler that the air is that is going into the engine equals about 1/10th of a horsepower. So 60-80 degrees equals around 6-8 horsepower which is a fairly significant gain for a simple bolt on. That gain will not be shown as accurately in a dyno room as it is in the real world, as air is not flowing as well in a dyno room as it does on the street.

As for your question, I have an Apex'i N1 and it sounds great. Might want to look into one.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:50 PM

Whoops, I didn't see that whole "without a catback" part. Try a Magnaflow muffler. I had one on my old car and it sounded really deep. But my suggestion is still going to be to get an Apex'i N1 catback.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

how about a huhe tip on the muffler?

Old 04-19-2005, 06:27 PM

ok i have decided im just going to put a exaust tip on my new car when i get it what do ya yhink about resnated exaust tips would give me the sound im lookin for ?

Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: cool chris

ok i have decided im just going to put a exaust tip on my new car when i get it what do ya yhink about resnated exaust tips would give me the sound im lookin for ?
No, no, no, no, no[>:]

Old 04-19-2005, 07:22 PM

alright thats it im just leave the friggin stock exaust on my new car when i get it like the ol sayin goes if aint broke dont fix it i cant afford a catback so stock it is

Old 04-19-2005, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]

one less ricer on the street.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: se7ensectoolate

But from a thermodynamic standpoint, every degree cooler that the air is that is going into the engine equals about 1/10th of a horsepower. So 60-80 degrees equals around 6-8 horsepower which is a fairly significant gain for a simple bolt on. That gain will not be shown as accurately in a dyno room as it is in the real world, as air is not flowing as well in a dyno room as it does on the street.
i believe thats right... (well...its one degree=1/11 of a horse, so its really every 11 degrees u gain one)

Quick Reply: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?