Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Rattling problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Rattling problems

Well, the rattling is coming from the engine, I cant be a cheap bastard about it and strap it. How can I stop the rattling?

Old 01-26-2005, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

Is there anyway I can do ths myself? Its the manifold, apparently It right in the engine..... top or bottom? And how can I do it....somebody please help im so sick of this rattling.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

k soo im confused on where ur hearing the rattelin from...if its like right under the middle of the car its the heat sheild..uh..to fix that problem..uh..cut off or tigten??? it the rattles commin from the motor then it could be ur lifters..im used to a mazda which loves that problem.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

its the manifolds heat shield.... it seems i have to get to from under the hod... not the car.... ill just find out by taking it to meinke and find out what it is.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

oh dude..if its the manifold shield thats easy to take off..its all bolt on..and its not really that needed so dont worry at all about not having it on. most of us already have em off. just take some sockets, find the right size and there u go. the bolts are possibly going to be the same bolts the the manifold itself soo just unbolt them..pull the shield off and bolt the header back on

ps/ the main purpose i see for the manifold shield is to keep ur hands from touching the hot header..so just dont touch intill the motor cools

Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

it also contains the heat away from the intake, allowing cooler air into the motor. and it keeps the header hotter, which helps power as well (i dont want to go into details on that one yet.) so try tightening the bolts on the shield first, because if you can leave it on, all the better.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

oooooooooooohhhhh....well my intakes never stay near the heat shield lol....never thought about that tho.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

yeah, its not really a direct thing, it just heats up the underhood area alot more, and so its sucking in more hot air, and the hotter air heats up the tube a little too.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

It wasnt the manifold at all. I found the problem. I took it to the dealer and the mechanic found the problem... it was the A-pipe's heat shield, it was corroding and a little bang up for curb rash... he did it no charge! also I was able to take a good lok under my car about an exhaust. Some moron told me that another stock civic muffler wont work. I found out he was completly WRONG! there was another space that was the same as the other side (where the muffler is). Im gonna get ahold of a stock muffle and dual my baby out, it will kinda look like a mazda 6 on hte back. It also has space for running a second pipe to a second muffler.

Quick Reply: Rattling problems