Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

O YEAH.... FINALY got my OBX twin loop muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: O YEAH.... FINALY got my OBX twin loop muffler...

that sounds awesome compared to the old one. Glad to see your civic project is going well. i still haven't started mine because i haven't found a shell yet. Did you get that climate control in yet? When i was doing mine it was so hard. There were so many screws in there. If you haven't i was thinking today that if you take out the seats you'll have way more room to work. especially considering most of the removal requires you laying down looking up through the hole.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the video goes black cause.... well it was dark outside... i didnt want to rev the motor to much in the shop cause it was already filled up with pleanty of welding smoke.LOL
i swear that fart can was practicaly no muffler at all.... thier was only alittle bit worse sound. but needless to say I LOVE IT cause its quited down so much...... i can rev twice as much and not have that raspy poping crap... im sure my neighbors will enjoy that at 5:30am 5days a week. LOL
i always tried shifting at like 1.8K rpms to kee the sound down but hell now i can just rock it.... and no more CHUG CHUG CHUG sound going down the interstate.. that god for that. so now the only anoying thing left on the car is the paint. tho i wont start messing with it till spring...

Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Super Cereal Admin

wow... your car with no muffler sounds like my car without the silencer in the muffler lol

but it sounds great with the twin loop on! I'm jealous

Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like there might also be an exhaust leak???

Did you say if you have a test pipe on it. It sounds 5x better with the twin loop, have you thought about also getting a resonator like from magnaflow. That would give it a nice low tone if your into that

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Administrator

am i the only one who hates those twin loops??

my exhaust sounds 10x better IMO.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

Sounds like there might also be an exhaust leak???

Did you say if you have a test pipe on it. It sounds 5x better with the twin loop, have you thought about also getting a resonator like from magnaflow. That would give it a nice low tone if your into that
a leak now or before? before i bet thier was it was so crapy....
but ill check my welds before i paint them to see if i can see any black spots from leaking BUT im preaty sure thiers no leaks now, tho the joint might be leaking cause i didnt use a new gasket on it... was gonna paint it today BUT im sluming it today... i spent way to much time under the car yesterday cuting and welding, my back hurts....

and with all that black crap in the pipes i probably should replace it at least... its probably all loaded up by now.... ill just price some resonators and inspect the pipes beter.... if the pipes look good ill just pull the mid section off and try washing the pipes out after i chop off the resonator and after washing the pipes out weld the new one on....
i like a nice sound.... im just trying to keep more of a low profile... cause well BEFORE with the fart can it sounded like i was trying to race everyone....

My04Civic

well in your OPINION...... which way would you prefer it fart can or twinloop.... at least for 100bucks its WELL WORTH the sound improvement!!!!!!!

IF I HAD THE CASH.... id go with a RS*R full exaust... BUT i dont.....

Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

Did you hearhis clip of the old muffler My04civic? It was like shrill loud pops lol the twin loop muffles it like a muffler should do.

Thats why I thought a resonator would compliment it even further by changeing the sound, along with the tone whichthe twin loops doing already. Just a thought, not saying you haven't done enough work.... lol .

What kind of process do you use to clean an exhaust? I've had mine on for a little over a year and the inner tip is well coated black. Just figured it's natural and not much you can do about it.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im just gonna pump water thru it..... its not much BUT hopefully get MOST of that crap out the pipes.... nothing much but if the pipes arent dented up or rusty looking im gonna reuse them... but if they look dented up or rusty im just gonna have new ones bent up from muffler shop....

i would have bought a oem replacement muffler and been just as happy!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

No more videos...?????

Old 01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

na sorry im to lazy...
tho one thing i have realized... im probably not gonna get as good of gas milage anymore.LOL
before the exaust was ANOYING AS HELL at just above 2K rpms inside the car... which told me to shift...LOL now i keep not shifting till about 3K cause i can hardly hear the exaust..... if anything i think i hear the SRI over the exaust..... hopefully ill get that used AEM dryflow filter soon and maybe that will change the sound alittle over the crapy filter thats on it now....
but with the smooth exaust I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! ill just have to buy a shift light soon after i get these factory seats.....
tho i might have to change the setup alittle... keep the shift light in the gauges BUT i think ill also slap a led light hidden in the middle heater duct.... may hook it up to a switch tho so i can turn it off and only have the cluster upshift indicator lite....

Quick Reply: O YEAH.... FINALY got my OBX twin loop muffler...