Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

muffler for automatic cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: muffler for automatic cars

any chance of it coming apart if hits the ground??
why would it hit the ground? unless your bottoming it out over jumps lol

Old 11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

I think the name of the clamps you are looking for are stainless steel band clamps. but i may be wrong and it might be the name of another clamp, but it strikes me as correct, but i am severely tired right now

Old 11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya you got it right!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Band-...spagenameZWDVW

thats what they look like.... they work great! just be sure that you buy the right size band clamp.... and that your pipes are right as well.LOL thats the worst thing ive seen with these parkinglot wanna be mechanics... they use the wrong size pipes and clamps! they make adaptors in all different sizes if ya have to weld afew together to make it right fit. other wise thiers no clamp in the world that will be sealed right.LOL or youll have to weld a THICK FAT weld bead to seal it up and a adaptor is cheaper than welding gas

Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

o ya you got it right!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Band-...spagenameZWDVW

thats what they look like.... they work great! just be sure that you buy the right size band clamp.... and that your pipes are right as well.LOL thats the worst thing ive seen with these parkinglot wanna be mechanics... they use the wrong size pipes and clamps! they make adaptors in all different sizes if ya have to weld afew together to make it right fit. other wise thiers no clamp in the world that will be sealed right.LOL or youll have to weld a THICK FAT weld bead to seal it up and a adaptor is cheaper than welding gas
I have actually seen someone do this same thing using a soda can they cut both ends off of and a pair of hose clamps. It was done as a temporary fix but had the same effect and ended up working great. I would not suggest doing it for a long term solution though since aluminum would not hold up as long.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:20 AM
HCF Member

I was reading an article in a 4x4 and truck magazine (can't remember which one, might have been petersons 4x4 and offroad)
where they had an exhaust leak in a jeep cherokee, they tried a parts store patch kit, aluminum cans, flex pipe and finally a catback.
They said neither quick fixes worked very well. but i guess with some good clamps the can could hold while you drive to muffler shop.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

my dads got a preaty good size or of asbestis that we cut the size to fit the whole and a split pop can and hose clamps worked just fine! hell my 66impala had 2-3 patches that didnt leak any.....

but just the pop can..... well to many cracks air will force out... the padding will help seal it and hold up to the heat BUT you cannt just go out and buy this stuff anymore.LOL

Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

asbestos also makes great pillows and bedding, why not make it into a nice ski mask too lol

anyway, you gotta be careful with that stuff, I remember my junior high school got shut down because of asbestos.
I loved how we would get to go home alot because the furnace would blow out crazy smoke and harmful stuff.
Good times...good times

Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya its bad stuff...... BUT still most effective... main thing is wear gloves and a breathing mask.... its all good