Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ingen CAI VS. Aem CAI...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Ingen CAI VS. Aem CAI...?

I've narrowed it down to either Ingen or Aem Cold Air Intakes... Which one should I get...? Anyone have either of these and have good or bad things to say...? What's the deal with the V2, is that a cai or a short ram? What's an air bypass valve and is it worth getting one...?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Default RE: Ingen CAI VS. Aem CAI...?

Both AEM & Injen are great. You can't go wrong with either one of them. As for the by pass valve, I personally don't think it's worth it. The by pass valve is to prevent hydrolocking when your filter is completely submerged.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

yeah, i wouldnt worry about the by-pass valve unless you make it a habit of driving through 16"+ of water. I can vouch for AEM, as thats what i have, and i love it.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

yeah, i wouldnt worry about the by-pass valve unless you make it a habit of driving through 16"+ of water. I can vouch for AEM, as thats what i have, and i love it.
You got the V2? or the Cold air ?

Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Kerok

You got the V2? or the Cold air ?
CAI, its a couple years old, bought it used

Old 10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

he has the CAI. if your looking at getting a CAI, go AEM. theyve been dyno proven to be the best in the way of cold air. the V2 isnt either, but the filter is in different places in different cars which leads people to believe its one or the other. in short, the V2 has a second pipe around the intake pipe that resonates and creates sound waves, which somehow AEM made it to increce airflow. or reduce pressure or something.

EDIT: dammit!! thats the second time today. i go to answer a question for someone and the person it was asked about posts like .654165 seconds before me. gawd.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

Injen was started by a former AEM employee.

Unless you are talking about the V2 or Secret Weapon, intakes are intakes. Go with whichever one fits your budget the best.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

*not to threadjack but* how exactly is the secret weapon different?

Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM

the secret weapon is pretty much exactly the same as the V2. It uses the exact same concept and the filter is supposed to be better and more highflow. The only major difference, the price. V2 can run u upwards of $250 off of non-ebay sites. the secret weapon can run u from about $175+. so, same concept, probably around the same hp, but nearly $100 cheaper....i plan i getting the secret weapon in a few weeks. ill let u guys know how it is.

sorry for threadjacking. but it may have help you a little.

as for AEM and Injen, ya there about the same. If it rains pretty heavily or floods alot around where u live, i suggest getting a bypass valve just to be safe. better to spend $40-50 for a little thing that could prevent you from screwing up ur engine and spending possibly thousands of dollars in repairs. but thats my opinion, its up to u one what u want and how much ur looking to spend.

good luck and have fun!!

Old 10-24-2005, 05:27 PM

by pass valves help out in heavy rain and wind also.

Quick Reply: Ingen CAI VS. Aem CAI...?