Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

greddy or apexi ws2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: greddy or apexi ws2

taking out the resonator will make it sound liek an angry bee in a tin can.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

i ahve the greddy sp2. damn nice sound. hollowed out the exhaust tip by taking the baffle out...so makes it MUCH louder. only drawback is hte sp2 has a resonator that hangs low, so if your car is lowered, there's a possibility of scraping the resonator on stuff like speedbumps, etc.

So to avoid that, i took the resonator out and straight piped it. it sounds REALLY deep now...perfect fro cruising, and idling sounds like a heavy purr...

hope this helps
i doubt taking the rezz out made it deaper
taking out the resonator gave it more of a growling sound...it was already deep to begin with. it just made it louder and a lil meaner imo...i straight-piped it for other reasons though...not for the sound

Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Msjessica

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

i ahve the greddy sp2. damn nice sound. hollowed out the exhaust tip by taking the baffle out...so makes it MUCH louder. only drawback is hte sp2 has a resonator that hangs low, so if your car is lowered, there's a possibility of scraping the resonator on stuff like speedbumps, etc.

So to avoid that, i took the resonator out and straight piped it. it sounds REALLY deep now...perfect fro cruising, and idling sounds like a heavy purr...

hope this helps

so how much you pay for everything? I'm a newbie with this stuff so bare with me.. I thought the resonator was supposed to even out the sound with the back so its not TOO loud?
yeah, the resonator is supposed to help with the sound...so not having it makes it louder.

greddy cat-back systems usually run around 500-600 retail...if you search forums online and stuff, you can prolly find a used one for around 250-300. the straightpiping cost me 20-40...dun remember now. did that a couple months back.