Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Good Muffler for under $200

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Default Good Muffler for under $200

So I just replaced my whole exhaust system with a Fireball style catback exhaust system off of Ebay. I have received some compliments on the piping, but it sounds like garbage. At 3,000 rpms it gets super raspy and I hate it. So does everyone I know. Reading through the forums it looks like the two best to go with that are less expensive than HKS or Greddy are Magnaflow or even less expensive, Megan Racing. I DO NOT want to buy a muffler that's cheaper and sounds like garbage again. How do these mufflers sound? Does anyone have direct links to pages with these or some other good mufflers? There are so many generic brands, some on Ebay that say HKS and are only $30... I'm not sure what I'm buying with some of these. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mark

Old 06-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Good Muffler for under $200

i personally recommend the magnaflow...not just because i have one, just because of the sound and performance that it puts out. its a deeper tone, doesnt sound ricey, and still puts out some mean power...its very nice

Old 06-12-2006, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

you could get a really long no-name glasspack or a greddy evo2

Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 AM

What would you guys reccomend if a guy was looking for something that flows really well but doesn't make alot of extra noise and doesn't carry the price tag of the Apexi World Sport?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Administrator

magnaflow or meganracing...i know magnaflow is good because i have it and it makes noise...but its not ricey...its deep, kind of intimidating acctually....and meganracing i hear is the same way...

Old 06-12-2006, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

I'm in a similair situation, except I have a stock exhaust I just don't want to flip the cash for a full catback but want to some sound in the mean time.

Does anyone here have one of the universals from magnaflow on the end of a stock exhaust? Oval? 4-5-6"round???

How about this one: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=782 you can find these on ebay for $100

I just called magnaflow for some advice and the guy didn't want to answer any of my questions. WTF

Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM

It looks like i'm going with Magnaflow then. I work at a Dunn Tire store and a few of the guys there told me the same thing you guys did about Magnaflow being a good brand. I found a link in one of the threads on here to http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-r...Year=&Keyword= and that has some magnaflow mufflers for pretty inexpensive. As for the options on the length and tip size I'm not sure but I think I'm going to measure what I've already got and just use it. Wish me luck! Thanks for the help.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

Magnaflows are great. I got the wideopen catback system, I love the way it sounds. I wanted something that would make some noise, which it does, but isn't obnoxious. You're going to love it.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

I'm in a similair situation, except I have a stock exhaust I just don't want to flip the cash for a full catback but want to some sound in the mean time.

Does anyone here have one of the universals from magnaflow on the end of a stock exhaust? Oval? 4-5-6"round???

How about this one: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=782 you can find these on ebay for $100

I just called magnaflow for some advice and the guy didn't want to answer any of my questions. WTF
because asking something like that makes you sound like the worlds biggest ricer. no offense...but saying 'i cant afford teh power i just want teh sound' is about as ricey as it gets.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

recommend a magnaflow

Quick Reply: Good Muffler for under $200