Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Front mount Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Default RE: Front mount Intake

What do you mean if I had a eg you would sell me your (what) like I have a EJ8 or what?

Old 02-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Yea dont get the front mount one. I would go with the cold air intake, and also the with the front mount ones, replacing the filter with a new one might be kind of hard, since they really dont carry them anywhere. And also your just being a poser, its got to suck when you tell a guy your turboed, you race him and then he beats you when he is N/a then you really look bad!

Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 PM

i have a 94 and the intake fits differently so it wouldnt fit.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

yea, it would be hard finding that replacment

Old 02-10-2005, 04:02 PM

I have a cold air now, and I cut out that little left corner peice so I would get actual ram air. I am not tryign to be a poser just the part I bought sounds like a turbo I had no idea it would, its like a stock turbo with out the blow off, I dont tell people i have a turbo they asume it, and I tell them what I did. But I would hate a bunch of kids running around with the same mod as I. SO I dont tell them were and what its called.But if you guys wanted to know sure I will tell you. My freind put one on his 96 coupe EX and is engine had a seizure, so we took it off. and swaped them out and still worked on mine but not on his.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

when you cut that little corner peice out did you feel more power.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:14 PM

I did it all at the same time, put cold air on and while bumper was off I cut the left peice, and with that throttle body spacer it pulls alot more, and sounds like a stock turbo, when I am goin like 60 it works really well cause it is fresh cold air shooting up through the filter. Yeah I like my set up alot, I just need more power in my engine, I had said I was not goin to do perfomance anymore, and i was goin to bag my ride, but I may do that and put money into the engine and drive easy most of the time and maybe play around every other weekend, like shift at about 3 rpms. I can take it easy even if I do hook it up so might as well put the powere in there just in case i need it.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:19 PM

O yea remington does the ga in your name stand for georgia,, jsut wondering and if so I am from Columbus, trying to find people to meet up.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

no it doesnt, id get along with you real well tho. here is what my name stands for "Remington 870 Express Magnum 20 Guage. I might just do the same thing you did, Ive got one of those cheap ebay rai, but it gets the job done, i might just use that extra pipe I have and do it. I bet it will have more pull.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:49 PM

what get a front mount
rei whats that... Here is a link to the spacer, it will fit you manifold perfect.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I really like, after riding with it for a while learned the spots it makes the turbo sound and pull more. I highly recomend this it is a great starting peice.

Quick Reply: Front mount Intake