Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exhaust Ticket

BC is tougher on that stuff then Alberta from what I have heard,plus the oilsand industry is herewhich equals $$. Anyways, jokes aside, I have a picture here of my exhaust
Name:  DSC00226.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  88.4 KB

This is my ANSA muffler that is basically an axle-back. It is pretty quiet and very stock looking besides being shiny, and it has a really nice low mellow tone, ever since I put this on the car I haven't had any problems with the cops and I have been to Calgary a few times since (Im planning on moving to the NW of Calgary very soon) so I think that magnaflow you showed would be a decent choice, especially for looks wise to the cops

Old 11-13-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew

BC is tougher on that stuff then Alberta from what I have heard,plus the oilsand industry is herewhich equals $$. Anyways, jokes aside, I have a picture here of my exhaust

This is my ANSA muffler that is basically an axle-back. It is pretty quiet and very stock looking besides being shiny, and it has a really nice low mellow tone, ever since I put this on the car I haven't had any problems with the cops and I have been to Calgary a few times since (Im planning on moving to the NW of Calgary very soon) so I think that magnaflow you showed would be a decent choice, especially for looks wise to the cops
I posted pictures of a few magnaflows, do you mean the dual exhaust? Is yours dual 2.5" outlets?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

Seriously, find a muffler from a turbo car. I think thats your best bet and like addiction said, maybe paint it black or something
It needs to be smaller than 3" and it would still be illegal because the exhaust has to be the origonal honda exhaust, so I'm just looking for something I can get enough performance for the turbo, but not be harrassed. I will paint the exhaust black after, megafandrew, which exhaust did you think i should get?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Cat Fuсker

RSX muffler

Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

RSX muffler
No RSX mufflers have a 2.25 inlet, I checked already.
Other suggestions? Megafandrew, which were you suggesting?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 PM
HCF Member

I was kinda in the same boat as you. I had a turbo D and a magnaflow on it....sounded decent. Then I got the GSR swap and the exhaust drove me nuts, couldnt hear ANYTHING. So I left the magnaflow cat-back piping on and just bolted a stock muffler on there. The muffler wont restrict too much, and ull still have decent sized piping. The cops definetly cant hassel you for that.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

Gary, if I were you I would take Pete's advice and bolt on some kind of stock muffler and leave the magnaflow piping( I also took the magnaflow off my car because it was making to much noise inside the car) I would take a look around at the different types of civic stock exhausts. And yes my outlets are 2.5 each/ I was looking at that dual outlet magnaflow you posted, but im thinking that may be loud as well. Im not sure, but you could also try a twinloop muffler, they are supposed to be quiet and look stock

flesh199

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

551 posts [100%]
rouyn noranda quebec/canada
2-17-2003

«
« » 10:08 AM 1/6/2006
Reply Edit
[hr]

i think that i will buy one too...
b16 with 170whp itr cam p&p 2.5 exhaust all the way From the past 3 year can't find a quiet muffler...

[hr]
Hes gonna try one, Ill keep an eye out for you as Im researching this now to find out about quiet mufflers as I have similar goals for my civic and seeing that were in the same province as well, but yeah,. I think Pete has a good idea

Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

Hey Gary, just curious you didn/t get Speedtech Racing on 32ave NE to do your engine did you? If not have you ever been there? you could probally ask them as well as they do swaps, turbo etc/

Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew

Hey Gary, just curious you didn/t get Speedtech Racing on 32ave NE to do your engine did you? If not have you ever been there? you could probally ask them as well as they do swaps, turbo etc/
Ya, I've been there, thery didn't do my engine though, I don't think I would trust them. They told me it would be $250 just to install my blow off valve. I'm not about to pay someone to install $250 just to take off my current flange and weld on a new one and screw in two bolts! I wasn't too impressed with them, they installed my HID's awhile ago. They aren't bad or anything but when i call them at noon to ask them if they had started installing my HID's, they told me they had started and it would be about an hour. 3 hours later i got a call telling me my car wouldn't start, after i had wrote down for them the instructions on how to start my car (I have an imobolizer, it's really simple you just tap it to the ignition). So I was lied to, and then after that they had problems with the wiring for the angel eyes and what started as "the car will be done in an hour" turned into the car will be done next day.But ya I've only heard good things about autodream on the other hand.
I'm not looking for something quiet as much as something that can perform/flow very well but still look close to stock.
Your exhaust doesn't look too stock, and as much as i'm really tempted to get something like that (dual 2.5") I don't think it looks stock and if I were to get pulled over and get my car confinscated for something as stupid as a muffler being "widened" as they say on their tickets, I would be pretty pissed.

Does magnaflow make anything that goes from a 2.25" inlet, to a 2.5" outlet? I can't find anything except dual exhausts. I would love to go with dual 2.5", but I think the cops would maybe harrass me for it. Do you think I will notice the difference from going from the 4" magnaflow muffler to something like a single 2.5" muffler? If only you could hide the exhaust so the cops couldn't see it, then I would be set. The only problem is I really wanted to fully build my D series engine, and throw in a new turbo which will do more boost, i was hoping around 15-20lbs, but I'm wondering if the exhaust would be able to handle that much, it's just the muffler and if the tip is bigger than the piping under the car, there should be no problems right?
I just wouldn't want my exhaust to bottleneck my performance.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

Oh **** I think I just found what I've been looking for!
What do you think of this?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Group?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=25 370G

Quick Reply: Exhaust Ticket