Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exhaust Ticket

2.25 is too small for a turbo civic.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ +1

you want at least 2.5"

Old 11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

If you live in cali then I would understand.
CA still lets us have aftermarket exhaust, that place sounds even worst though[&:]

Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

Your talking about the tip size right?
This is my current exhaust:
It says the piping is 2.25" with 4" tip.
So if i take off the huge muffler on this, do I need a new muffler or can i weld a tip on? I found some tips that go from 2.25" to 3" which wouldn't be too big I don't think. Or do I need a muffler? Anyone have any reccomendations?

Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i fthe exaust is quite then sounds to me like they are hurasing you more for the LARGE TIP or shiny chrome muffler......
what I WOULD DO is flat black HIGHTEMP paint the muffler..... keeping it more low profile should help..... BUT cops can still be jerks............... like someone else said... maybe a stock muffler from a turbo car if that could be considered legal....

Old 11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Everyday Getaway

Cops are such dicks sometimes! I got a "warning" for my exhaust a little bit ago. Luckly he was too focused on harrasing me for the exhaust to notice that my tags were expired... lol

lol thats funny
but anyway cops with nothing to do will pull u over this, i think its perhaps one of the dumbest laws out their but hey its the law.. i dont know what i would do in that situation.... does ur towns police have pba cards?? if so get one and u should be set and i find it ridiculous how u werent even driving the car

Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

hey gary, I feel your pain man, when I was in Calgary in May going to SAIT, I had a magnaflow muffler on my car, and I also got a ticket from bylaw for it, I wasn't even driving the car. I believe here in Alberta in some cities they are more strict then others. I live in Fort McMurray and have no problems here( my mazda 323 is loud as hell, lol its a bomber) and when I go to Edmonton I dont see as much fuss either, but Calgary is a very clean city so that may be why?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: megafandrew

hey gary, I feel your pain man, when I was in Calgary in May going to SAIT, I had a magnaflow muffler on my car, and I also got a ticket from bylaw for it, I wasn't even driving the car. I believe here in Alberta in some cities they are more strict then others. I live in Fort McMurray and have no problems here( my mazda 323 is loud as hell, lol its a bomber) and when I go to Edmonton I dont see as much fuss either, but Calgary is a very clean city so that may be why?
Ya I just don't know what to do, they said on the 3rd ticket they will impound my car and do a full mechanical inspection to find anything that isn't stock on my engine.

But maybe someone can answer my question, if i take my current muffler off with the 4" tip, do I need to put another muffler on or can i just buy something like a tip that goes from 2.25" to 3", or do I need to find a muffler?

I found this muffler with a 2.25" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets.

Do you think I would get harassed for this as much as a 4" tip? I don't really think so but I bet if they were to try and confinscate my car I could fight that in court and say I bought this echaust under the impression it was an OEM specifications, or something like that.
Do I need a muffler, or can i just weld a tip onto the piping?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM

i cant help u b/c i dont know as much as the guys on here, but i am getting an full exhaust and header done this week, and i was thinking about this b/c the cops around have nothing to do! i think its going to be bad. good luck with everything. hope u dont have to take off everything, i've seen ppl that have had to do that, it sucks!!!!!!!!! i would say go with an stock like muff. your tagged man! i've sold cars b/c of that ****

Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

I found this with a 3" tip and a 2.25" inlet.

Would a dual exhaust make the police know that it's not stock right away? If you were in my situation, would you rather get that last muffler i posted with dual 2.5" tips or this one with a 3" tip?
Or should I keep looking to find something that looks a little more stock?
And there is this one with 2.25in and out but it is 6" round, which is pretty big, it doesn't show it to scale in the picture but what do you think?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Ticket