Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:10 AM
HCF Member
Default Exhaust Ticket

I got my 2nd ticket for my exhaust today, cops are such dicks!
I was just parked outside a store and they came up and gave me a 115 dollar ticket for an illegal exhaust. In my province they say anything other than factory that changes hp is illegal.
They also said since this is my 2nd ticket, on the 3rd ticket, they will impound my car and do a full mechanical inspection, my car is turbo, i dont need them making me put it back stock.
What should I do about the exhaust, it is really a quiet exhaust they even said that it isn't breaking noise db limits or anything, its a magnaflow catback with a 4" tip. What could I do so they think it's stock but i can still get enough performance for the turbo to run good?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Default RE: Exhaust Ticket

you may can get a stock muffler off of a factory turbo car and have it welded up. Thats the cheapest and quietest thing I can think of

Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 AM

i am interested in this as well. what type of muffler? like a EVO or STI or something like that?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:12 AM

and where do you live that this happened? MA? cuz i go there all the time and get pulled over everytime i go there, whether i have the sliencer in or not. but say i didnt know, cuz i am from CT, and there they dont care. i also explain how my blacked out windows were legal as well in CT. my next thing is, mustangs and muscle cars sound loud as hell and they change up there exhausts all the time.... how come they dont get **** for it???

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 AM
HCF Member

just put a smile across the cops throat with a blade next time lol jk but for **** like that the cop should get bitch slapped

Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

If you live in cali then I would understand.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

I think the greddy evoTT would work for you and if I'm not mistaken it is legal in all states.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 AM

ORIGINAL: warner_ro

i am interested in this as well. what type of muffler? like a EVO or STI or something like that?
sure, anything would work. Early 90s turbo supras have pretty large stock piping, so that would be a good palce to start looking

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM

Cops are such dicks sometimes! I got a "warning" for my exhaust a little bit ago. Luckly he was too focused on harrasing me for the exhaust to notice that my tags were expired... lol

Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: warner_ro

and where do you live that this happened? MA? cuz i go there all the time and get pulled over everytime i go there, whether i have the sliencer in or not. but say i didnt know, cuz i am from CT, and there they dont care. i also explain how my blacked out windows were legal as well in CT. my next thing is, mustangs and muscle cars sound loud as hell and they change up there exhausts all the time.... how come they dont get **** for it???
I live in Alberta, Canada. I checked out the greddy evoTT but it looked too big still. Since I have a magnaflow catback, I could still keep all the catback piping and just have a new muffler welded right? I was looking at this:

This exhaust looks like a stock tip but I think it should have just as good performance as my last one (I hope so). My current magnaflow is huge with a big 4" tip but is very quiet. Wouldn't changing the muffler to this one with a smaller diameter give me less back pressure anyways?

Another question is I checked out magnaflows site and they make tips aswell as mufflers. Do I need a muffler or could I just put a tip on the end of catback?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Exhaust Ticket