Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Default RE: dual exhaust?

Sorry but I also have to agree with everyone else... If its because your kit has dual holes in it doesn't mean you have to have duals I saw a 95 Civic with the black widow back bumper but he didn't have duals he had a single angled muffler and it looked great.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: usmc2b2004

Sorry but I also have to agree with everyone else... If its because your kit has dual holes in it doesn't mean you have to have duals I saw a 95 Civic with the black widow back bumper but he didn't have duals he had a single angled muffler and it looked great.
very true... but everyone is looking for a certain image so duel exhaust isnt going to hurt him performance wise... he's just not getting extra umph out of it.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:33 PM

word.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

Dont put dual exhaust on a civic, its just a bad idea.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ef4life

well a cobalt ss is not always supercharged, and it still has dual exhaust, which is just a 2.2 or 2.4 ectoec with either 140 or 170 hp flywheel
If i'm not mistaken a Cobalt SS is always supercharged. You can get a Cobalt that's not supercharged though, and that won't have dual exhaust.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

geez all this info gives me somrthin to think about,,(look at the pic lol),,i like the way it looks but sure would like to have the extra uummpphh,,just priced some mods now i might need a new cat bac,,lol

Old 02-23-2006, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: ef4life

well a cobalt ss is not always supercharged, and it still has dual exhaust, which is just a 2.2 or 2.4 ectoec with either 140 or 170 hp flywheel
If i'm not mistaken a Cobalt SS is always supercharged. You can get a Cobalt that's not supercharged though, and that won't have dual exhaust.
no you can get an SS as an unsupercharged poser mobile, the supercharged ones come with a little badge that says "supercharged" under the SS emblem

heres the like to chevrolet's site http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

Old 01-15-2007, 08:00 AM

ok check it out
the srt-4 has a dual exhaust and turbo
the cobalt ss/sc has one single exhaust and is supercharged
the ss/na is not supercharges
the base cobalt ls/lt has single exhaust and is not supercharged
so you can get a non supercharged ss cobalt
just to let you guys know

Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

Ok it seems to me that you are out for looks and not for performance. But there is a way to safisty both but I warn you this is very ricey and should not be attempted by sane people. (I assume the you can handle it because you wanted dual exhaust on a civic in the first place!). Just go with a single cat-back exhaust system on one side like normal, and then just stick the muffer only on the other side!!! Hell you would get the looks of a dual exhaust system and the performance of a single cat-back. But as someone already said it would look wierd in the cold when only one of your exhausts is working.

And dont get the wrong idea here. I would never do this and I would slap anyone who did. I was just compromising!

Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: usmc2b2004
I saw a 95 Civic with the black widow back bumper but he didn't have duals he had a single angled muffler and it looked great.
theres a car up here with that and i disgree, i think it looks like he never finished what he started and or ordered the wrong bumper or somethin. I dont really think duals would be that bad, as long as you use 2" or smaller piping, specially if its on a Spyder rear bumper:

Quick Reply: dual exhaust?