Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: dual exhaust?

actually even our beloved S2000 is just a Y pipe.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:29 AM

You can get a Y-pipe for your car almost anywhere. An exhaust shop will do it for about 70-150 depending on mandrel bend, pipe size, and labor. It is gonna kill your performance though, But if you want the wailing exhaust for your dual accepting rear bumper i assume, then go for it. Your car, your choice. As for that Torga guy, shows how much you know about Honda performance, as well as how fast you think your car is...I frown at your put put civic...

Old 02-22-2006, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Whitelightning93

You can get a Y-pipe for your car almost anywhere. An exhaust shop will do it for about 70-150 depending on mandrel bend, pipe size, and labor. It is gonna kill your performance though, But if you want the wailing exhaust for your dual accepting rear bumper i assume, then go for it. Your car, your choice. As for that Torga guy, shows how much you know about Honda performance, as well as how fast you think your car is...I frown at your put put civic...
HAHAHA! i already know how fast my car is...113 whp. i even dyno'ed it. LOL...imo, 113 whp is not race-car status, i'm sorry. HAHA I dont track race my car or anything, and for me it's a daily driver, so I'm not concerned too much about the extra HP gain here and there.

And last time i checked, honda civics are classified as COMMUTER CARS. not FORMULA 1 cars...

but i'm not saying there aren't civics that are fast...I know ALOT of people that have fast civics, but if he just wants the look of the dual exhaust and is not too concerned with the performance loss, then that's cool with me...people can do whatever they want with their cars...

Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 AM
HCF Member

you guys speak about loss like it will even be noticable... if he sticks with piping of about 2" or smaller it will be perfectly fine. There are tons of stock cars that run dual exhaust... srt-4 and the Cobalt SS to name a few. Both monster 4-bangers

Old 02-22-2006, 02:14 PM

Dont mean to question the moderator, but theres a huge difference between an SRT-4 or a Cobalt SS and a Civic. The fact that the cars are turbo-ed helps make up for any loss they may have due to backpressure problems in their exhausts. Another thing is that Chevy and Dodge did a ton of research on the design of these cars. I know that a single exhaust civic thats non turbo runs pretty good with about a 2.25 inch piping, and i dont doubt that a duel exhuast with about a 1.9 in piping will run just the same, its just the kinds of cars you compared his piping to. Both the Cobalt SS and SRT-4 were designed and inspired from the Viper and Corvette, they share many of their characteristics other than the turbo. BTW, ive seen some twin turbo kits for a Corvette, damn... No dis-respect to the mod its just i didnt see how a Civic and SRT-4 or SS oculd be comparable.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

just because im a mod doesnt mean you can't question my opinions... all I do is clean up around here

I was mearly stating that a dual exhaust setup isnt solely made for V style engines. Thats where this thread was starting to lead. And this quote you made was exactly where I was going:

"I know that a single exhaust civic thats non turbo runs pretty good with about a 2.25 inch piping, and i dont doubt that a duel exhuast with about a 1.9 in piping will run just the same"

Old 02-22-2006, 02:30 PM

well a cobalt ss is not always supercharged, and it still has dual exhaust, which is just a 2.2 or 2.4 ectoec with either 140 or 170 hp flywheel

Old 02-22-2006, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

honda civics are classified as COMMUTER CARS
technically speaking, those F1 race cars and full out drag cars are communter cars aswell...they get u from point A to point B just like a civic, only difference is, its a gazillion times faster lol

as for the dual exhaust...[:'(]....i actully just saw a 4 door civic today with dual exhaust and it looked horrible, 2 big cannons comin out the end of a 4 banger just isnt attractive to me. BUT, it u find them to be nice, by all means get the dual set up.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:48 PM

"Economy Car" might have been the better word choice.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Tell the insurance company that a civic coupe is an economy car. They laughed at me. It's considered a "sport car" to them cuz it's a coupe and cuz the F&tF came out so everyone mods them and wrecks them.

Quick Reply: dual exhaust?