Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Apexi WS2 vs GReddy Evo2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:34 PM
HCF Member
Default Apexi WS2 vs GReddy Evo2

hey guys, i've been debating over the GReddy Evo2 and the Apexi WS2 for some time now and i'm curious to what you guys think...i'm leaning WS2 just because it's a touch cheaper than the evo2 and the video that was posted earlier today for the apexi basically sold me.

I am also wondering if it is okay to mix a different header with a different exhaust (brand names) like a megan header with the apexi or whatever...is the megan header good? I'm not sure if a ceramic or stainless steel header would be better either...

sorry for the long post, i've just got a ton of questions.

one more thing...a new cat converter is probably a good idea eh? which cat would be best? Is it alright to have 3 different brands on the entire exhaust system?

2000 Civic EX with a D16y8 motor.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Default RE: Apexi WS2 vs GReddy Evo2

my fiancee rolls with the ws2 on her GSR, its a clean sound, very low db. I personally prefer the tone of the evo, not to ricey but lets them know your coming.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

as far as the cat goes, read the "Truth About Catalytic Converters" sticky at the top of the header/intake/exhaust topic, it really doesnt make much of a difference.

And mix-matching components is usually okay, just make sure they're all quality name brands

Old 04-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Snail'n Admin

too be honest with u, i did the same thing u did with debating, except i debated with the evo2 and the hks hi power, but i went wtih the evo2 and glad i did, at some points, the hks hi power can sound kind of ricey. you can mix header and exhaust brands, depending on where u live, you could get a megan racing header or a dc sports. dc sports will get you to pass emissions in CA and megan racing (from what i hear) is illegal in CA. I have the megan racing because it is a lot cheaper than dc sports and for all intents and purposes, theyre pretty much the same. Also, about the headers, stainless hold up to higher temps than ceramic, but if im correct, ceramic is fine if u dont plan on boostin your car (turbos produce more heat). Flips right about the cat, you dont really need one if you dont plan on boostin your car. If im wrong, someone please correct me, but if you do want a high flow cat, go magnaflow or randomtech

Old 04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

^ i think Magnaflow and Randoms are some of the only ones that pass emissions, i got an ebay high-flow cat and honestly its just like another muffler, i'm pretty sure it does nothing for emissions. I live in Upper Michigan so i dont need to worry about emissions testing, so its fine for my car. And GReddy's right about the Megan vs. DC, DC is one of the only legal headers in CA, thats why they're so expensive and Megan is so much cheaper.

And i could be worng as well, but i alwasy thought ceramic disippated heat better than the stainless steel

Old 04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Snail'n Admin

hopefully this will maybe help u pick the GReddy (huge GReddy fan here) this is a clip done on a sh!tty camera. but ya i love my exhaust
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MOKsYNaBN0w

Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

thanks for the info dudes...greddy i've seen your clip quite a few times...i love the evo2 sound but the ws2 that I heard today which was posted by someone in the other thread made me do some serious thinking...flip I think your right about the ceramic header disapating heat, i think that's what i've been reading as well...I think i'll pass on the cat because i won't be boosting this engine in my car...also I live up in Vancouver, BC so I don't have to worry about emissions problems...i might consider the megan then because I haven't heard too many bad things about it at all...the exhuast we'll still have to wait and see! thanks again guys! means a lot to get quality info from other people who love civics as much as i do!