Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Anyone ever use or us using an OBX twin loop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
HCF Member
Default Anyone ever use or us using an OBX twin loop?

Just wondering if anyone has ever used or is currently using an OBX twin loop muffler?

What's it like? How does it sound? Are you happy with it?

How was the install (since it's a universal)?

Likes/dislikes?

I currently have an EVO2 style muffler on my d16y8. It has a deep low tone that is great when you hit the throttle, but I think it might be just a little louder than I would like... It also has a 4" exhaust tip that I think looks too large and a bit tacky... I was hoping to replace it with something that sounds equally as nice but a little quieter and has a nice tip.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited by curlybandit; 08-25-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
HCF Member
Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 PM

i think addiction2bass put one on his old 94 civic
PM him about it

Old 08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
i think addiction2bass put one on his old 94 civic
PM him about it
....alternatively, he could click on the second link in my post, which will direct you to A2B's post talking about the install.

Last edited by PirateX; 08-25-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PirateX
I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd take the lazy way out and post a thread. :P

Thanks.

I'll check out this links.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

Not to be pedantic, but what did you search for exactly? The title of the thread on the first link is actually "OBX Twin Loop Muffler". I found it by searching for "OBX Twin Loop Muffler". It shows up on the first page of results.

I mean, if you searched for "cheeseburger", I can see how it would be difficult....

Haha, I'm not trying to be a dick... just... confused is all.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

Honestly, I'm in the middle of studying for my board exams and I think I may have spent all of 30 seconds looking after I entered "OBX" and "twin loop". It must be the selective visual difficulties... :P

Thanks for the link though... It's exactly what I was "looking" for.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by PirateX
....alternatively, he could click on the second link in my post, which will direct you to A2B's post talking about the install.
i didn't even know it was a link. lot's of words people type in on their posts become underlined and a link for advertising.

also, just by reading your previous post it was not obvious that you were linking to anything other than the search function.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:19 AM
HCF Member

i didn't even know it was a link. lot's of words people type in on their posts become underlined and a link for advertising.
You aren't using Internet Explorer by any chance...?

also, just by reading your previous post it was not obvious that you were linking to anything other than the search function.
You are correct... It was not immediately obvious.... Unless that was the point?

Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Recognized HCF Member

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=ae226253.flv

ya this is it on my 94 Z6 5speed i had. tho if your puting it on a car that still has the catconverter then it wont be as loud.... previous owner had removed the cat and it makes the exaust much louder!!!!! thats the main reason i went with a twin loop muffler.

if ya want more videos just SEARCH YOUTUBE for "OBX TWIN LOOP CIVIC"
thats how i found afew videos before i purchased mine...

its not the best sound IMO but it was alot quieter than the fart can W/silencer that came on that car when i got it! made driving more tolerable
main downfall is its size and loop design.... the loop hangs down kinda low so if youve lowered your civic than chances are eventualy youll drag it! i wish they would have designed one with a straight loop pipe like the cheap @ss twinloops have but they dont.

i thought about buying another to put on my 96dx but i think im just gonna replace its anoying muffler with a stocker.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use or us using an OBX twin loop?