Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

AEM intake question????

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Default AEM intake question????

I installed the AEM intake on my 06 honda civic. After a few days the engine light came on then after a few days it disappeared. This has been going on now for a few weeks??? I spoke to a friend the works at honda and says that will continue to happen as there is too much air flow and it has to recalculate or something like that. Is there any way of resolving this issue???Any one have any sugesstions??? The intake was installed correctly everything is tight. I don't think install isthe issue either. Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: AEM intake question????

to let it recalculate, aka. "reset the ecu," you need to take the battery's negative terminal off for about 10 min (or more). after, it SHOULD in theory, reset and not throw a CEL. also, the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor is connect right?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM

i put one on my car and i didnt need to do anything. you might be taking in to much air and its not getting out fast enoguh?? who knows. try doing wut ^^^ said. unplugging the battery will work for a while 50-200 miles. i had the problem with the header until i put in a non-fouler in. the light kept turning on and when you reset the ECU it just comes back on after a while. well i had my cat back on first, then CAI, and never had the light tunr on after 1000 miles.. then i put on the header and had the light turn on after about 100-220 miles.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM

yes it is. i'll will give it a try and let you know how it goes. thanks for your response.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

I had a CEL (check engine light) about a week after I installed my AEM intake. After doing my research and looking up the error code I found out it was something completely irrelevant. Turns out the crankshaft fluctuation sensor wires were rubbing against the belts and had work away so I had to rewire them...

But anyway, it's a good idea to reset the ECU after installing and intake or header etc. by disconnecting the battery.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, I had a CEL when I purchased my 1st ( not so good ) intake giving me a IAT error. While accelerating quickly, the car would cut back at random times. It was probably the most annoying thing ever, so I bought a brand new AEM Intake which eliminated this problem.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

the IAT sensor on my aem v2 falls out sometimes, so i have to check periodically

Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jakeolas

Yeah, I had a CEL when I purchased my 1st ( not so good ) intake giving me a IAT error. While accelerating quickly, the car would cut back at random times. It was probably the most annoying thing ever, so I bought a brand new AEM Intake which eliminated this problem.
I'm having this problem right now. The CEL was on now and then and now it's on all the time. It's only happened two or three times in the past two months, but I'll be driving down the highway and all of a sudden I'll lose power. I don't know what that's all about. I have an AEM CAI too. Maybe I need to replace the filter since when I got the car in March from a priv. party, I don't know how long he had had the filter on. Then again, the filter may be totally irrelvant to the situation. Also though, when the CEL first came on and I lost power, the air/fuel ratio light went out and it has never turned back on again. What's up with that?

Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

just FYI, if you "reset the ECU" make sure you have the code for your CD player, i reset mine not knowing that my cd player would require a code to work again. So make sure you have that code first.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

the code is usually on a sticker in the glove compartment or in the manual.... if you don't have it, you can call honda to get the code.

Quick Reply: AEM intake question????