HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Tub's Civic Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

that actually sounds perfect. if i build the f23 and have fun with that. maybe 200-250 HP then if i get bored their is room to grow... the h22 head... i think im sold. now i gotta see how hard a f23 swap is.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

if you're only looking for 250ish after turbo, then do an LS swap. they're cheap, plentiful, tons of parts available, and they're reliable under boost. More parts being available means cheaper parts too.

read here: LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups - Honda-Tech

Old 07-29-2011, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

sorry i haven't updated in a while. been working with my friend on some guys Saturn. needed a new transmission. and it rained all Thursday which is the only day i have off. and i have to work outside so i got nothing done. but my tie rod ends came in, and my rotors and camber kit came, but i was not home and they need me to sign so ill hopefully get them tomorrow. but yea, its still going. i dont get paid till Friday and im getting low on money. but once i get money the next project will start. o and i did a battery relocate to trunk. almost done with that. so yea. ill try to post more.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

that better be a sealed cell battery, don't want to hear about a HCF Member dying from toxic fumes!

this thread needs moar pix

Old 07-30-2011, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

well you wish it and it will happen. here are some pics.
Name:  2011-07-21150707.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  152.2 KB

stripped interior, cleaned the seats really well. took every piece of plastic off. if you look close in the background you will see the trash can, this was one of many trash loads.

next i got a bunch of 4 gauge wire from radio doctor and did battery relocation. its currentally almost done. and yes its sealed. ill get a box for it and mount it nice pretty soon.

Name:  2011-07-30162206.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  94.4 KB
Name:  2011-07-26132438.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  84.3 KB
got my camber kit today and had my tie rod ends for a few days now. had some time so i put them on. here are some pics of them

so i guess its now time to talk about the future. hopefully ill get brakes in a while. ill pick up lowering springs on thursday and probably put them on that day. then i still need some small work on the engine to make it nice. i need to do timing belt, water pump, thermostat. then do the seals on the valve cover and stuff. then spark plugs and wires, pictured here.
Name:  2011-07-20202513.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  83.2 KB
Name:  2011-07-20120826.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  141.4 KB

any more questions/suggestions of where to go from here, put em up.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

since you're doing the upper ball-joints, might as well do the lower ones. they're stupidly easy to do as well. remove knuckle, remove axle dust shield from knuckle, pound the old ball-joint out. pound the new one in. just need a BFH.

man, those door mounted seatbelts are heavy. i've only ever seen one in Canada, in a junk yard.

you might as well remove the headliner and the plastic trim around the rear windows, ha ha.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Bisi Ezrioha (sp?) built a 300whp n/a f series. Put it in a crx. Was ****. Just saying.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

we did remove that plastic. and yea the seat belts are heavy. might need to look into a aftermarket set... idk. and ill probably be doing a f series swap at some point.

on todays subject. changed the thermostat, water pump, and timing belt. was gonna start it just for the hell of it. when i put the key into run to check codes a very loud buzzing starts from my main relay. also my code light is on constantly, no beeping. so i gotta figure out what is wrong =(...

Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by tuboflard
we did remove that plastic. and yea the seat belts are heavy. might need to look into a aftermarket set... idk. and ill probably be doing a f series swap at some point.

on todays subject. changed the thermostat, water pump, and timing belt. was gonna start it just for the hell of it. when i put the key into run to check codes a very loud buzzing starts from my main relay. also my code light is on constantly, no beeping. so i gotta figure out what is wrong =(...
seat belts you have a few options.
people have converted to pillar mounted seatbelts.
or install a harness.

pull your main relay, open it up, reflow the solder joints. see if that fixes it. but it seems like you might have a bigger issue... did you unhook anything else?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:46 AM
HCF Member

i did that to the main relay a few months ago. im confident it is not that. i also pulled and looked at it just to make sure. multiple people said it could be the ground on the thermostat. which my friend grounded. so maybe he messed up. ill look at it in a little bit. someone else says my ecu is done for... hopefully not that one.

Quick Reply: Tub's Civic Story