HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Tub's Civic Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 AM
HCF Member

i do like the idea of the 5 speed, but the deal with the car was if i do not getting running by september i have to sell it. and i work 6 days a week and im working outside, so it cant be raining or too hot. i live in wisconsin so it gets humid, 95 with 90% humidity sucks. I might do a transmission swap next year with an engine swap. its that or get a new project car next summer. if there is any conversion i do want to do this year it will be rear disc's i believe the CRX's have them so i can find one of thoes, maybe a Civic SI as well. i have no problem spending 100-300 on a new flywheel. i also want new front discs and calipers. which will be a few hundred for sure. then lastly i need the full exhaust system. that will be like 800. so there is the first 1500 or so i will spend on it. then i gotta make it look better. ill get some pics up so you guys know what im talking about. its not good...

Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

btw someone should tell me how to get pictures on here to display in the text not as thumbnails lol. thank =)

Old 07-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Get an account at Photobucket and upload the pictures there. Use the IMG tags to embed the full image.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by tuboflard
i do like the idea of the 5 speed, but the deal with the car was if i do not getting running by september i have to sell it. and i work 6 days a week and im working outside, so it cant be raining or too hot. i live in wisconsin so it gets humid, 95 with 90% humidity sucks. I might do a transmission swap next year with an engine swap. its that or get a new project car next summer. if there is any conversion i do want to do this year it will be rear disc's i believe the CRX's have them so i can find one of thoes, maybe a Civic SI as well. i have no problem spending 100-300 on a new flywheel. i also want new front discs and calipers. which will be a few hundred for sure. then lastly i need the full exhaust system. that will be like 800. so there is the first 1500 or so i will spend on it. then i gotta make it look better. ill get some pics up so you guys know what im talking about. its not good...
Budget your money a little differently.

Buy an Ebay exhaust and header. it's just a daily driver for now anyways, exhausts can be had for under $300.
CIVIC CRX 88-91 3 DOOR COMPLETE CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM | eBay
and
CIVIC/CRX/DEL SOL SOHC HEADER/EXHAUST SYSTEM EF EG EK | eBay
together, full exhaust from manifold to tip. $300 including shipping, to Canada. should be cheaper for you. This is what I'm going to run on my car eventually. =P

Flywheel
Stock one: $70 EXEDY OE STANDARD FLYWHEEL HONDA CIVIC CRX DEL SOL | eBay

lightweight one: $200 EXEDY RACING LIGHT FLYWHEEL 90-05 CIVIC CRX DELSOL SOHC | eBay

Exedy makes the stock Honda clutch parts.

You can buy loaded calipers at part stores which are rebuilt and come with a new caliper mounting bracket and seals and pads. I've used many junkyard calipers before with no issues, so it's really just preference. If you bleed the brakes properly and just replace pads and rotors, you should be OK.

CRX Si 90-91 came with rear disks. Integra rear trailing arms also swap and work.

I spend a lot of time looking at parts. >.<

edit: wisconsin craigslist has a lot of civics for parting out, found at least 7 flywheels. just search for civic parts, ha ha, lots of good stuff. i'm jealous.

Last edited by zerojett; 07-15-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

ill look into the photo bucket thing. and you should look for parts for me and ill just buy them lol. i might have to look into rear disc conversion, and i need some rims. my steelies dont show off nice discs/calipers very well =)

Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

I really want to see more pictures when you start working on it!!!
By the way, if you ever try buying an O2 sensor at a part store, you can get it for half that price on Ebay. Same goes for a lot of stuff, so always check there.
CRX is basically 4th gen Civic, so it works well for a search term.
EF Civic is another good search term. =P

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by zerojett
Budget your money a little differently.

Buy an Ebay exhaust and header. it's just a daily driver for now anyways, exhausts can be had for under $300.
Just fyi this is not my daily driver. this is my summer project car, and it might be next summers project car, i have a van that is my DD right now and when that goes to **** i will buy a new DD. this is just something to have fun with. my dad just doesnt want a POS in the driveway all winter to shovel around. because i have to work outside nothing gets done in the winter.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

i got my transaxles out, got the mounts off. got the bolts from transmission to engine off, how do i get the transmission off the engine now. it wont come off.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Carefully pry it off. Wiggle it if you can. The input shaft has to come out a bit before it'll come off completely.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

where can i pry it, i have two jacks under the car, one on the engine and one on the transmission, i tried wiggling them it does nothing, is there a spot im supposed to pry or is it just kinda find a spot a big screwdriver fits?

Quick Reply: Tub's Civic Story