HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Tub's Civic Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by tuboflard
yea im thinking of buying all new parts. im really a fan of rock auto so i just look up the integra i need and can get all the parts. and skunk2 makes the trailing arms i think... and i am really a fan of skunk2. but with all new/aftermarket parts it will end up being about 1000 bucks, or a little more. so i don't know how fast i will get this project done. and i want to order an engine sometime soon because ive herd they take quite a while to ship. i wont be able to get it in till next summer but i would like to have it to work on now. and lastly since im taking everything apart im going to paint the car. as of right now i want to paint it white. but i don't know for sure yet. bright glossy white with tinted windows and stuff. its going to be a summer car so the white will keep it cool right? =) i also have been taking off the black trim and bumper to be repainted satin black. haven't seen what they look like yet. i hope they look good.
trailing arms are the big arms that connect to the frame, and hold the hub assembly for the back wheels... i think you're thinking lower control arm?

remember, if you paint the outside, you gotta paint the inside! Or get some interior panels. :P

Old 08-14-2011, 04:32 AM
HCF Member

that could be totally right, my friend said that skunk2 makes at least one of the parts i need. it for sure is lower control arms, not trailing arms... and i know i need to paint the inside. you and some other people convinced me to take sound deading out, so im going to have to paint the inside anyway. and the engine is out so the engine bay is open too. so if i want to paint it, it has to be now lol. so i guess thanks for making me paint my car =).

Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

that could be totally right, my friend said that skunk2 makes at least one of the parts i need. it for sure is lower control arms, not trailing arms... and i know i need to paint the inside. you and some other people convinced me to take sound deading out, so im going to have to paint the inside anyway. and the engine is out so the engine bay is open too. so if i want to paint it, it has to be now lol. so i guess thanks for making me paint my car =).
HA ha! No problem! It will look nice with no sound deadening, no dirt, and nice white paint. Maybe you should get some truck bed liner for the floor??? then you'll never have to worry about chipping the paint inside! Just a thought! monsterliner, herculiner, dunno what is best... decent idea though? :P

Old 08-14-2011, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

well im only putting the two front seats in. so there should not be any paint scratching in back, the car will only be used to drive for fun, not hauling anything. so the back is fine, and i might put some nice looking honda floor mats in front, so that people dont scratch the paint. but yea, its a great idea if it was a daily driver/small shopping car.

and i did some more ripping apart of the engine bay.
Name:  2011-08-14200040.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  124.4 KB

Name:  2011-08-14200100.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  109.5 KB

i guess pretty soon ill start ordering parts and stuff for rear disc conversion. then its gonna be time pretty soon to find a garage to keep the car in over the winter, but ill be building the engine up in my basement / garage while it snows for like 6 months... then hopefully drop it in next spring

Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

well im only putting the two front seats in. so there should not be any paint scratching in back, the car will only be used to drive for fun, not hauling anything. so the back is fine, and i might put some nice looking honda floor mats in front, so that people dont scratch the paint. but yea, its a great idea if it was a daily driver/small shopping car.

and i did some more ripping apart of the engine bay.

i guess pretty soon ill start ordering parts and stuff for rear disc conversion. then its gonna be time pretty soon to find a garage to keep the car in over the winter, but ill be building the engine up in my basement / garage while it snows for like 6 months... then hopefully drop it in next spring
are you thinking of doing polyurethane bushings? i bet most of your oem bushings are worn out. it might be nice to do.
then, you can get some rear trailing arms from a junk yard... and replace the bushings, disk, pads, rebuild the caliper... have a brand new brake setup.

I was thinking truck bed liner in just the front, on the floor. ha ha. floor mats work just as well tho!

Last edited by zerojett; 08-15-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:24 AM
HCF Member

so my dad is getting pretty mad that im not trying to get it running first. so it looks like im going to need to order an engine pretty quickly. but from what you guys said about the f-series swap i need to cut out the firewall and move it back quite a bit, and that is where the brake lines run, so maybe i can get a new master cylinder and prop valve and new lines, then all i need to mess with is the stuff in back. so idk, ill just hope that he does not get too mad that the car is still here in September. if he does i might need to put it a garage and just work on it next year.

Last edited by tuboflard; 08-16-2011 at 07:00 PM.