HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:25 PM

I like the sols blue too but black is my favorite color and I was determined to get a black Civic or del Sol. If this were blue I don't know if I would have bought it.

But yea, mismatched bay color sucks.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM

An update for you guys:

Got a new short shifter. Got the B&M Race Shifter with spherical bearing. Works great, and has way less play than with the stock rubber/urethane pieces instead of the bearing. It's also not way too tall for my del Sol like the Buddy Club one was. Old shifter was great, just too tall for a del Sol... looked weird! Old one is for sale, $75 shipped... check the For Sale thread (link in my sig).

sorry for the night pics!

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-13-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

how much shorter is that than the old one?
the old one was insanely tall

Old 04-14-2010, 08:52 PM

a few inches

Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM

Ok so here's another update...

I have sold the DSM T25, T25 to DSM adapter plate, and the T25 Edelbrock Manifold... I plan on using that money to buy a GReddy manifold/15g turbo/downpipe combo instead. Finding someone to fab up a downpipe for the original plan would have cost a lot of money and there aren't very many businesses around here to do it... and they probably would have done a crappy job anyway. This way I can have the manifold/turbo/downpipe and expect it to bolt right up without having to get crap fabbed up. Also, after I get that stuff all I will need to do is have my transmission work done (I have all the parts already), install my turbo kit, and get a tune. This won't be happening right away but I hope to get the transmission stuff done over summer break. At the end of summer break I move to Tampa and i'll save up money for a tune, install my kit somewhere (idk where yet... maybe I can rent out garage space at Phearable for a few hours or something, i'd have to check with them), then get tuned (at Phearable).

Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 AM

Bought a new battery yesterday... was like $102, and then I used a $20 off coupon at advance auto parts on it (got it in their monthly newsletter, score!). It's an AutoCraft gold battery with 500 cold cranking amps, 3 year replacement warranty, and a 7 year pro-rated warranty. Seems to start a little bit better, but the conditions weren't right yesterday for the problem to arise anyway. So the moment of truth will be later today whenever I decide to drive it.

Also bought a new ground wire from the auto parts store (old one wouldn't fit on the battery post... gay), but I got a 2 gauge one so that's pretty cool I guess.

Do you guys want pics of this new stuff or is my text sufficient? lol

Anyway, I also ordered an oil catch can (I think I may be leaking oil out of my valve cover breather... but either way I still want it for the turbo project). I bought a new valve cover too... 94-95 "VTEC" D-series valve cover powdercoated high gloss mirror black. It looks pristine in the picture online, so I am expecting this to be amazing when I get it. It cost me a lot, but it was well worth it to me. I saw it and I knew I had to have it. I don't know of anywhere local to get powdercoating done anyway.

This valve cover is gonna look great with my new skunk2 oil cap.

I'll post pics when I get this stuff.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:11 PM

New valve cover, reservoir covers (only bought them because I got tired of the blue in my engine bay... working on getting rid of that), battery, 2 gauge battery ground wire, oil catch can

The hose on the catch can is going to be replaced with some stainless steel braided hose pretty soon

Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Looks nice. I'm a fan of color in bays, but all black can really help make a bay appear less cluttered.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Well I did a brake flush today... installed some speed bleeders in the process. Left rear caliper bleed bolt broke off, tried to drill it out but ruined the caliper. Ended up buying a remanufactured OEM caliper for $62. Finished it up then I flushed the clutch line too.

no pics, sorry... too frustrating of an evening to remember to take pics

Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn Trust ur engine bay looks hella nice now with that sweet vc u bought...good buy man. Ur del sol is prolly the nicest one ive ever seen not even gonna lie.

Last edited by Kenny-g; 04-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project