HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Got my extra 1/8" NPT plugs today for the vacuum manifold.

Also installed energy suspension LCA bushings and shock mount bushings, along with the sway bar-compatible OEM LCAs I got from addiction2bass. I couldn't mount my rear sway bar though because the muffler is slightly in the way. I'll figure out a way to fix it eventually.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:12 PM

Pulled out the rest of my power steering lines and such today and did the power steering loop

Old 02-14-2010, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

why are you pulling your powersteering?

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM

converted it to manual months ago by removing the pump and cooler and connecting the high pressure line to the reservoir, and just now got around to removing the entire setup and putting the loop in.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:50 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Cleaner bay and a better road feel if you ask me. Feels weird now when you drive a PS car.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Not having P/S FTW! I do not regret pulling mine whatsoever.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:03 PM

Yea, you have a much better feel of your tires' grip in turns without power steering. It's only hard to steer when sitting still.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM

Alright, got some stuff done today.

First, I installed this brake master cylinder brace. Supposedly keeps the cylinder from flexing when you push the pedal, resulting in better brake pedal response.

Then I replaced my heater hose... again. This time I used a braided steel line because the plain rubber ones swell up in a short amount of time where they attach to the head, so I figure the stainless steel sleeve and wider clamp will help with this problem.

And last, I installed my rear sway bar. Energy suspension sway bar bushings along with it. I went to install it before, but my muffler was in the way. I didn't want to pay to have 3/4" welded onto the axle back to give me space so I bought some flat exhaust flanges and put them in between the exhaust's already-existant flanges to make it a little bit longer. Worked perfectly.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM

OK, haven't posted an update in a while.

Well, I have that OEM spoiler sitting in my closet, it needs to be painted.

I have a 93 del Sol glove box on the way here (mine is a 94 because my original broke), and i'll post an update when I install it.

And the turbo project... well I have all the parts, minus downpipe and a custom basemap EPROM chip for the particular setup. I need to save money to have a downpipe made and to have my transmission work done (needs ISB replaced, something I don't really want to tackle myself since i've never even removed the transmission before... ISB is not the place to start).
Well, I owe a lot of money in taxes so it might be a couple months before I can even start saving money towards this project anymore. I move to Tampa in 4 months, so I hope to have this turbo project done before that... but i'm not so sure anymore. I'd like to have at least the transmission work done before then, because I can easily find someone to make me a downpipe in Tampa, and for the tuning I could just go to Phearable. I'd have to have somewhere to install the turbo and stuff but I can find somewhere i'm sure.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Your not doing the actual turbo setup install yourself? Im sure they will charge you pretty good for it, and its not hard at all.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project