HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 AM
HCF Member

Stu Where did you get the spoilier???????? I need one bad bad lmao This trunk is like the great plains

Old 02-03-2010, 07:02 AM
HCF Member

I love the car and can't wait for the turbo build. I like the fact that you went
Another route and kept your AC. Many people take it out, but I find that you need ac no matter where you live.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Nice move on the a/c fan. Looks like you will have plenty of room.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Stu Where did you get the spoilier???????? I need one bad bad lmao This trunk is like the great plains
Some guy on SolSociety knew a local guy who was selling one

Originally Posted by Dipsetcivic117
I love the car and can't wait for the turbo build. I like the fact that you went
Another route and kept your AC. Many people take it out, but I find that you need ac no matter where you live.
Originally Posted by plethoric33
Nice move on the a/c fan. Looks like you will have plenty of room.
Thanks guys... looking to have this done sorta soon. Only a few things have yet to be purchased but I gotta get the money for the tune and for the downpipe work saved up. Also, a local guy is gonna help me with the ISB since I have never been in the transmission before and i'm gonna pay him so I gotta get that saved up too. Right now it's just a money thing keeping me from having this done right away. I move out in July or August and will be getting an apartment of my own, so right now the goal is basically to have this done before I move out.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM

picked up downpipe bolts and lock washers

Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 PM

Got my oil sandwich adapter and a couple couplers. I already had couplers but I wanted the ones in the front grille to be black since they'll be visible from the outside of the car.

Also got the OEM Spoiler I bought. Needs to be painted first... gotta go find out about that.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

I personally do not like the oem wings on del sols, makes them look odd.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Wow, so I ordered the 1/8" NPT plugs I needed, and bought the oil I will need, and I bought some materials from summit racing to make a braided steel oil drain line because the one my turbo came with sucks. I have 2 things left to buy... I need to order a basemap from phearable.net to get me to the tuner, and I need to have a downpipe fabricated or the one I have altered to fit with this different manifold.

I also need to change the clutch, flywheel, ISB, ISB seal, rear main seal, and install the ARP flywheel bolts. I have all the parts, it's just a matter of getting it done.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I already had couplers but I wanted the ones in the front grille to be black since they'll be visible from the outside of the car
Good work. I hate when I see the generic blue color couplers in the front. Looks cheap IMO.

Edit: On the fan, you just reversed the polarity to make them pushers, correct? I have been thinking about doing something like this to clean up the bay a little more.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Yea, just reverse the polarity.

There's an A/C line mounted on the front of the condenser though which makes doing this difficult. I used some long bolts and some spacers to space the fan away from the condenser so that the A/C line could still be on the front of the condenser. I used some screws on the fan mounting tabs to hold them onto the fan (they slip off easily)

This pic shows how I used the spacers and the screw on the fan mount tabs

My A/C condenser was pretty bashed up already so I wasn't too hesitant to just jam a screwdriver through the fins where I wanted the bolt to go through... just make sure it goes through the fins and not a row.

You can see the nut and washer on the other side of the condenser here:

Kinda ghetto, but I can't think of a better way to mount it on the front of the condenser, especially with the A/C line in the way.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project