HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
so what was the deal with the bolts i sent ya?
Went and picked them up... they are the correct bolts

got the LCAs today BTW... looks great

Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok so they didnt charge ya nothing extra..
good that they got there today. so now ya just need some urethane bushings and slap the swaybar on ur car

Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 AM

ok so they didnt charge ya nothing extra..
good that they got there today. so now ya just need some urethane bushings and slap the swaybar on ur car
Well like I said before the muffler is in the way of the sway bay mounting bracket. I'm going to go ahead and buy the bushings and install the LCAs but the sway bar may have to wait until after I do the turbo project... I may have to purchase a new exhaust so that I have room for the sway bar. I'm going to try though and see what happens. If I have to wait until later this year to install it it's still not that bad because if the LCAs are already on then the sway bar only takes like 5 minutes to install with simple hand tools (i'll be living in an apartment complex by then and i'll have to limit myself to simple mods like that).

Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well you could always take the car to a muffler shop and have them modify that section to fit around the sway bar would be cheaper than a complete exhaust.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 AM

well you could always take the car to a muffler shop and have them modify that section to fit around the sway bar would be cheaper than a complete exhaust.
The muffler is in the way of the sway bar's subframe mounting bracket. If I add piping to push the muffler back then it sticks out too far again like it used to. The bracket only barely touches it though when I test fit it... maybe I can slightly modify the bracket. We'll have to wait and see. For now I just need to order the bushings.. next week

Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 PM

Got the Y8 cam gear on today and set the ignition timing, now it's running smooth. I have yet to take it for an actual test drive but i'm confident in it.

Pics

Old 01-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Been driving it the past couple days... runs great. Replaced the spark plugs just because they're so cheap and I wanted fresh ones since i'm not leaking oil into my combustion chambers anymore (valve seals on old head leaked). I had a little smoking the first few days after the head swap but it's completely gone now.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

Nice job trust glad to see your progress

Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM

Bushings for my LCAs... not sure when i'm going to install these... I was supplied with some misinformation so now I need to get the metal pieces from the stock shock bushings.

Also got some new front sway bar endlink bushings while I was at it. I might install those late today.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member

those should have came with new metal shafts.... the stock bushings shafts are not removable! i think they shorted you on parts!
either they where not in the box shorted from factory or someone opened the box and took them out to replace another short order.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project