HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by plethoric33
ONLY 46?
I mean only 46 as in 46 isn't a big deal, in response to his parents saying it's chilly. Yes, 46 is only chilly.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM

Well my right axle turned out to be faulty so today I replaced it (gotta love that lifetime warranty!). I also replaced the axle seal on that side as I had destroyed it last time I removed the axle and didn't know until it was too late to fix it right then. No more leaks... filled up the transmission (was a little low from the slight leak) and my shifting is a lot smoother. No more bad noises from the front of the car, yay.
Sorry for lack of pics... imagine an axle, and then imagine that same axle being swapped out for another one. Walah

A week or two ago I had my lower ball joints replaced at a shop (I had no access to the proper press... stupid 40-day rentals make it impossible to predict when it will be back at the auto parts store). Well long story short, they stripped all the wheel studs on the front-right hub so I ended up losing one of my locking lug nuts and the others were stripped. They resurfaced my rotor for me (had some hot spots from wobbling while the wheel was a little loose), replaced the wheel studs, and they're gonna reimburse me for my new set of lug nuts that's on the way. I asked the guy if I could get some different ones and he said it was fine so I have some Rays lug nuts on the way (pretty much same value as my old 5zigen ones).
And no, I wasn't driving on it all that time, I was on vacation right after getting the ball joints changed and found out when I got back and drove it a little bit.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Sorry for lack of pics... imagine an axle, and then imagine that same axle being swapped out for another one. Walah
haha that easy? that paints the perfect picture...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Shops around never take the blame for anything, even when its clearly obvious that they did it. They will fight it until you mention lawyers. Good to see you had an easy time with them.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 PM

Yea I just made sure I went in there calm and explained thoroughly what had went wrong... I put emphasis on the wheel being about to come off and how bad that could have been.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

my tire shops been pretty cool about damaging the car. they caused 2 of my lugs to be striped due to some idiot puting the wrong size lugnut on it when i got my new rims. they reimbered me for all 4 on that wheel with my old civic. i just went there with the receite from honda for the studs and he paid me for the parts and gave me 4 of the right size lug nuts. one of them was the wrong thread so i asked to get all 4 replaced and he did as well.

main shops that ive heard bad from is walmart... ive heard plenty of horror stories from there autoparts bay. hell my truck i got now had a broken lug due to walmart the previous owner said!

ps trust.... i dont know WHY my email wont even send the pictures now. i got 2 pics and they will not finish upload... im going to try photobucket once more.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Ive has issues with them scratching my wheels at two shops. They feel the need to have terrible aim when trying to use an impact to take off or put on lugs. They just say you cant help it.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya they did do that! but it is hard to try and get done witha job fast enough your bound to hit the outter hole... i did myself BUT im smart enough to work my way around that.... with some electrical tape simply roll it around the sockets end afew times or more and it gives it more of a cushion when you accidently hit the rim with the socket when trying to snug everything down good.
if your that worried about your rims just tell them YOU want to take them off and put them back on the car or they better be very carefull. im always standing outside the bay door watching them when they do my wheels/tires!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 PM

Psh and you guys were acting like it don't get cold here

fuuuuuuuuu

Old 01-10-2010, 06:37 AM
HCF Member

23 Degrees F is cold? lmao its 15 here right now but these last 2 days have been nicest and hottest all winter... its supposed to get up to 40 today!!!!

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project