HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned

Haha I alwyas wondered what your actual name was. I just feel it's invading to ask.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:41 PM

dude, it's in my profile under "forename"
lol

Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Oh, I never thought to look there. Where is the facepalm smiley when you need it?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:08 PM

Okay so it seems that it was vibrating, so I fixed it. The edge of this damn flange is unnecessarily huge and was hitting the H-brace, so I trimmed it. First I trimmed it a little bit and decided to go more (which ended up being a really good decision).

Now I have like .5cm of clearance between the brace and the cat flange. I had a friend rev the engine all the way to 5k so I could watch it and see if it ever touched but it didn't. Those polyurethane exhaust hangers and motor mount inserts must be working really well.

And yea, the dents in the cat are from my car being too low to the ground.
Oh and it turns out my cat is still good, so that stuff I found in my exhaust must have been broken off welding solder (is that what they call it).

After the first cut:

Right before After the last cut: (you can see that one last piece on the flange... I forgot to take another pic after I got that off)

And no installed pics, it was dark and my flashlight was dead. Also, it randomly starting pouring rain (and I mean POURING big *** raindrops at an extremely high rate) halfway through the whole job.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Turbo parts are in the mail, will be here Thursday. (T25, downpipe, charge piping, oil lines, tapped oil pan)

Also, I called up Sam Ash in Orlando (music store) and they have the guitar I want on the display wall... the guy went and looked at it for me and said there's two small scratches on the back so he knocked 50 bucks off the price (and the price was already over $100 off MSRP to begin with). SCORE! I put it on layaway over the phone by putting $75 down (so they would put it up out of reach on the wall and reserved for me), and i'll pay the rest/pick it up Monday. I know it's not car related but whatever. I will post pics.
Teaser pic:

Last edited by trustdestruction; 09-14-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

Just wait until you play it you will forget you even have a car. Well, almost.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 PM

yea that thing is sick, I can't wait to have it. 6 days!

Oh and... that damn rattling is still there, just not as bad. I'm annoyed as hell though. I need to get back under there with a hacksaw. I might just try using a grinder instead since I think it's only barely touching when it does.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

barely touching would most likely cause the most annoying noise when I think about it. I HATE working on my car and then it decides to rain 5 minutes after I start.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

Excellent! I decided to expand a little and get myself a bass. Gettin this baby on payday.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 PM

Nice! I love my friend's ESP guitar, I imagine their basses are great too. We're starting a band... that's what finally motivated me to spend the cash on the guitar i've wanted for a long time. We need a singer though (or screamer, whatever you want to call it).

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project