HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
OK HERE YA GO... COPY/PASTE and upload it to your photo site.

PHOTOBUCKET FTW.
good work your a beast.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

it was edited with photobucket with a simple edit click and the eraser to the H

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

okay, big update today

i met a guy in town who owns a performance shop he just opened. he's building a k20 swapped 1st gen sleeper civic and restoring it to brand new condition besides for of course the engine swap. I've been talking to him and he's gonna help me with a lot of the custom fab work and welding and such for the project, and he's also going to do my transmission work.

anyway, the other day I stumbled upon an HF manifold for a great deal, no rust, and it's port matched.

i'm gonna be saving my money for the next month or two and after that i'm getting my head gasket replaced with a y8 one, ARP head studs put in, ISB replaced, clutch replaced (pilot and throw-out bearings included), axles replaced, lower ball joints replaced. Also, going to get my 2 broken header bolts taken out and replaced. We'll tap my oil pan and we're going to cap it off so it's ready to go. I have the new oil pan gasket already that's going to go on. The clutch is an amazing deal, the guy buys direct from the manufacturer who makes ACT's clutches for them. I'm essentially getting an ACT stage 2 clutch, without the name on it, for a lot less money.

He's also going to fab up my downpipe for me. It's going to use a 5 bolt T3 to V-band adapter plate, and then we're gonna put a V-band flange on the downpipe inlet. It's going to be 2.5" in diameter, and then go into a flex pipe. After that it's going to taper down to 2" and bolt onto my exhaust with a stock style flange. And it's also going to have an O2 bung installed in it. I'm going to use the HF manifold O2 bung for the wideband, and the downpipe O2 bung for the factory O2 sensor. I may also get a slim radiator fan to make more room for the downpipe.

We're gonna most likely put the exhaust side of the turbo facing the passenger side. Hopefully the turbo intake side will have enough room for a half size cone filter like we have been brainstorming.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-17-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 PM

You forgot "Noob" in big letters but that's cool... Heh.

That was towards addicted post...

Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM

Okay so it looks like luck with finding deals is starting to go my way...

I met a local guy today who is soon upgrading his turbo setup and it's a Garrett T3 .42/.48 with little to no shaft play, and he also has charge piping and a godspeed intercooler. He's gonna sell me everything for $350. The best part? He said he would hold it for me until whenever i'm ready, since it's not even off his car yet.

It's not internally gated, so what we're likely going to do is use the top of the HF manifold to weld on an external wastegate elbow, and then have the external wastegate dumptube going into the downpipe. And then we'll just weld 2 O2 bungs onto the downpipe instead of 1.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well good luck... ive had alot of those good deals and the guy sells it out from under me most likely to someone else for more money or they keep them one or the other.... so id say if you can buy it fast if you think its a good deal!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 AM

just ordered my 10" A/C slim fan. It's most likely going to be mounted on the front of the condenser configured as a push fan.
this should make the turbo a lot easier to deal with.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
just ordered my 10" A/C slim fan. It's most likely going to be mounted on the front of the condenser configured as a push fan.
this should make the turbo a lot easier to deal with.
A/c sheeesh. thats why your windows go down. lol

Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 AM
HCF Member

You can roll down the windows all you want but that florida humidity isn't going anywhere. Black car + Florida = A/C is a must.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by V8DIET
You can roll down the windows all you want but that florida humidity isn't going anywhere. Black car + Florida = A/C is a must.
100% Truth.

It's March and it's already too humid for rolling the windows down to be good enough. Especially when driving in the city (not big city, but big enough to the point where most of it is concrete)

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project