HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:19 PM

got some small stuff today...
-new pass. side interior door handle (i broke the old one a tad bit during installation and it was bugging me that i new it was broken but it still worked fine)
-hood seal
-targa handle screw cap
-windshield washer hose strut tower clip

also, took the seats out and painted the seat rails black (they had surface rust) and clear coated them.

then i washed it and detailed the interior (Pics are BEFORE washing)

only have pics of the hood seal, the other stuff is unimportant and i can't get pics of the seat rails because there's too much shadow down there... use your imagination.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

nice. hood seals are a must up here in ny cuz of all the snow and s**t that gets on your car. i hate it

Old 03-02-2009, 10:10 PM

Went to ace hardware and picked up some 4 gauge wire (biggest they had) and some ring terminals and redid the grounds to the transmission and valve cover. Also, I added one to the distributor mounting bolts. Battery ground has already been done, and I didn't feel like doing the alternator.

also got some gas...

PEEK-A-BOO!
lol

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Still looking awesome, as usual

Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

Its truly not fair this car looks too nice. :'( my car looks like ****.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
Still looking awesome, as usual
Originally Posted by jpnolan
Its truly not fair this car looks too nice. :'( my car looks like ****.
thanks guys

your car is looking good man... it's a project. once you're done i'm sure it'll be sick.
oh and if you saw my paint in person you would notice. lol
paint's pretty bad.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

damn ur cars nice
i noticed the yellow sticker...u go to BCC?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hamorhead
damn ur cars nice
i noticed the yellow sticker...u go to BCC?
haha, i sure do!

BCC, home of the world's ugliest f*cking parking decals.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM

So today I got my ES polyurethane motor mount inserts. I meant to specify the color when I ordered but I forgot… I was worried that they wouldn’t send black since most people want red but they sent black, so I am happy. The black polyurethane contains graphite and the red doesn’t, so the black is better (which is why I wanted them). I ordered the set that comes with the two torque mounts' inserts and the rear mount inserts.

The cabin of the car vibrates quite a bit more at idle, which is to be expected. It’s kind of annoying but I figure I’ll get used to it. I have everything in the car (such as stuff behind panels) secured well and there are no rattles so as long as nothing rattles, my OCD-ish tendencies won’t kick in and **** me off every time the engine is idling.

On the good side of things, the engine barely moves when you rev it. The clutch feel is way better, and starting from a stop is way easier than it ever has been before. It’s almost like the engine just wants to move the car, even if you don’t give it enough gas. I haven’t taken it out of the driveway yet, I just backed it up to clean the garage, and then pulled forward to park in the garage. I am going to have some fun with it tomorrow, and I am anticipating great results; when I put it in gear and pulled into the garage, it felt like there was much more torque available, which makes me very anxious to see if I can feel a power difference.

The rear motor mount is a bitch *** ****… especially if you have never even looked at it before. Before I realized that you have to take the entire bracket off to get the mount off because the bottom of the firewall is in the way, I tried taking the heater hoses off of the firewall to make room. Not only did this not help one single bit, but I managed to rip one of the heater hoses trying to get it off of the fitting on the firewall. Spilling coolant all over your garage floor sucks. I got my girlfriend to give me a ride to the auto parts store and I bought a new hose and some antifreeze. Then I finished up the install and bled the coolant system thoroughly.

Also, before this I was having a minor idle surge (but I knew it wasn’t my FITV or IACV) sometimes from 800RPM to 1300RPM. I figured it was negligible, but now It’s gone, or so it seems… knock on wood. I guess that I didn’t do a good enough job bleeding the system last time (I thought I did…). Satisfaction.

On another note, my dad got a new Vtech phone at his office. It’s a very fast phone. I’ve heard that Vtech is the **** from some other Honda owners. Who would have known that Honda owners would know so much about cordless phones?

PIXXXXXX

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
haha, i sure do!

BCC, home of the world's ugliest f*cking parking decals.
Yea thats why i took mine off i normally park in the visitor spots anyways

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project