HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
if youre going for boost....dont skimp out on a water pump. I believe theyre 60-70 new from honda depending on where you live. If you need a listing of stuff you might want and prices..pm me
what's the difference between a remanufactured one and a new one? shouldn't they both work the same?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
HCF Member

sweet man got your own project page. the del sol looks good

Old 10-25-2008, 03:28 AM
Snail'n Admin

Theoretically they should but if I'm gonna spend 3ish k in boost parts..I wouldnt wanna cheap out on $30. Thats just my $.02

Old 10-25-2008, 06:38 AM
HCF Member

I'm going to spend around $500 ish for my boost project lol, and I went with honda for my water pump. Advance auto, at least with me, has a history of ****ing up.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

if your going boost on a stock motor the basics replaces are:
-timing belt
-water pump
-oil pump
-brakes
-cap / rotor on your distributor (if it hasnt been done so already)
-new plug wires if they are old

thats about it, thats one hell of a pre-boost tune up though better safe than sorry.

i got a phearable.net basemap for you, just hit me up when your ready and ill save your $75 bucks... just make sure your running 440cc injectors if you want mine lol

Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Theoretically they should but if I'm gonna spend 3ish k in boost parts..I wouldnt wanna cheap out on $30. Thats just my $.02
Originally Posted by bigolsackapoo
I'm going to spend around $500 ish for my boost project lol, and I went with honda for my water pump. Advance auto, at least with me, has a history of ****ing up.
Alright, I'll go OEM Honda then since it's not extremely expensive and is worth the extra $40, you guys both have made some really good points.

Originally Posted by didder
if your going boost on a stock motor the basics replaces are:
-timing belt
-water pump
-oil pump
-brakes
-cap / rotor on your distributor (if it hasnt been done so already)
-new plug wires if they are old
After this timing belt change i'll have all of that done except for the oil pump... well and the cap/rotor... but the previous owner told me those were new, and i've inspected them when I replaced my cap gasket, and they looked fine as I was expecting. Where's the oil pump located and how hard is it to change?

Originally Posted by didder
i got a phearable.net basemap for you, just hit me up when your ready and ill save your $75 bucks... just make sure your running 440cc injectors if you want mine lol
I already have a Phearable chipped ECU, so when I need a new basemap i'm just buying the custom EPROM from them for $30. I appreciate the offer though.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM

just got my Phearable chipped ECU in the mail (old one got f'd up and was gonna need a chipped one anyway in the future), and also I ordered a can of VHT Niteshades like i've been planning on for the past week. On Monday i'll be ordering the crank pulley holder tool.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:13 AM

I look forward to seeing your fast-looking car actually become fast.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

Just put some new pistons and rods in and you'll have a brand new motor lol. You're doing a ****-ton of maintenance, though in the end it'll pay off.
What is the mileage on your car?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:43 PM

So today I put on the new front brake pads, and broke them in, and also replaced the bolts at the bottom of the calipers. One of them was bent and it was causing one caliper to grab before the other, causing uneven braking. Now the problem is taken care of and with new rotors and pads all the way around, and the recently new master cylinder, it brakes great now.

Originally Posted by itinerant
I look forward to seeing your fast-looking car actually become fast.
lol, yea
the reason i focused mainly on how it looks (besides doing I/H/E and suspension) is because I want to get everything out of the way and taken care of so that I can focus all of my budget and time on the turbo project once I start it. I can't wait until the turbo project is done (though it hasn't started yet)! I'll finally be done spending tons of cash on my car, and will finally have my car the way I want it.

Originally Posted by bigolsackapoo
Just put some new pistons and rods in and you'll have a brand new motor lol. You're doing a ****-ton of maintenance, though in the end it'll pay off.
What is the mileage on your car?
lol, if only I had the money. If the engine ever blows (hopefully it won't) i'll just rebuild it with nice parts. If it puts a hole in the block i'll buy a new shortblock and build that.

The main reason for all the maintenance is because when I bought the car, this is all the stuff it needed. lol, though I did buy it for $2000, which was a hell of a deal.

it's got 162k miles, but since I've been replacing all this stuff it feels a lot younger than that.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project