HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by HeilegeKuh
wonder why your tires are getting low so quickly :P
lol
actually it's because when i lowered the car i didn't get an alignment for a few months. lol oh well

oh, guess what...
i ran over a ****ing nail
gotta go get the tire patched tomorrow

i detailed the car, and while i was waiting for it to dry so i could wax it, i cleaned the interior out good and then it wasn't dry still so i also checked my tire pressure... front left tire was at 19psi. ****!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

nice. i usually run mine about 10 psi for max grip :P

Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM

Got the tire patched for free at Tires Plus.

Paying for boost controller, injectors, and fuel pump today, and i'm also ordering a Blox dual bend short shifter. My shifter I have now is generic ebay and I hate it so I decided to order the blox one, which I've heard from fellow HCF'ers is the same as the skunk2 one, but costs $40 less.
Oh yea, also I found out my dad is getting me the AEM UEGO wideband o2 sensor and a/f gauge I wanted for christmas. I may get some other stuff I want for my car for christmas too, possibly including the ARP head studs or some nice new Momo pedals (car came with missing pedal pads... bought cheap pedals and put them on but they look retarded and the clutch pedal slides around on the stock pedal no matter how hard I tighten the clamps.)

Also, these next two weeks I won't be able to buy stuff for the car. Gotta buy some last minute Christmas gifts with next weeks paycheck, and then i'm going to Canada on Christmas so I won't be able to work while i'm gone.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 12-09-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
I am still having a hard time envisioning that the nuts on Trust's tool are large enough
lol... sig'd

Originally Posted by jpnolan
i just wish the del sol was rwd it would be such a badass car.
They do make them RWD... its called an S2000.

Trust, I can't believe I missed this thread. The car looks great man.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 PM

thanks man
i wish i had a lot of money, it'd be turbo'd and built right away. lol

I buy a $1 scratch off when I fill up my tank, to allow myself to gamble without getting out of control... maybe one day i'll win big and be able to finish this sooner. lol

Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 PM

OEM Honda Leather Steering wheel cover, new gas cap, acura integra gas cap holder all installed today. Also are pics of my new door handles, power door lock switch, and my lazy wiring from tapping into the fuse box... used an inline fuse though so all's well.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

If i wont one a good amount of money on one of those scratchers i can tell you forsure I would sell the civic and get a better car lol, looks good man I like how your fixing everything else up and making everything clean b4 you turbo.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Got my injectors in the mail. They're RC 440cc and they've only been used for two dyno runs, because the guy who had them then found out they were too small for his application. Snagged 'em for $150 shipped.
Also got an AEM power steering underdrive pulley, because I was browsing H-T and found it for really cheap so I bought it.
Install pics of the pulley later.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:05 PM

Installed the P/S pulley.
Here's a few tips that I didn't know when I went to install this:
1. D-series (probably B-series too, maybe all Hondas) power steering pump pulley bolt is reverse threaded. If you don't know what that means, it means righty-tighty lefty-loosey does not apply and do the opposite of what you would normally do.
2. Jam an old 1.5"-2.5" long bolt into one of the holes on the P/S pulley and rotate clockwise until the bolt is on the bottom side of the assembly and it hits the metal on the housing... this keeps the pulley from moving.
3. P/S underdrive pulley requires a different belt. On a D16, the Dayco part number for the required belt is 5040333

PICS:

Old 12-14-2008, 01:00 AM

Been doing some thinking... probably going to boost to 12psi instead of 10psi... my compression is great, engine is fully maintained, and I have read/heard a lot about stock D16Z6's running fine up to nearly 250whp. I'm gonna go a little more conservative route than that, but i'm going to shoot for around 225whp @ 12psi rather than the original goal of 200whp @ 10psi.

Now, just to get some cash saved up.
Trust me, if I had cash right now, this turbo setup would be bought/installed/tuned by the end of this year.\

Anyway, this week's money will be spent on Christmas gifts for others so no buying stuff this week for me... next Tuesday i'll probably order a ton of stuff and spend all my money on turbo parts, because i'm gonna be going to Canada on Christmas Eve with my gf's family and won't need any of that money for things such as gas or anything (gf's mom is paying for trip). I suppose i'll be ordering turbo timer, plug n play harness, map sensor, and maybe also the oil line kit.

Oh yea, and i'm also getting remote start/keyless entry for Christmas from my dad so i'll be hooking that up. I want to publicly thank Kev for helping me out with the wiring diagram and explaining some things to me; now i'll be 100% prepared going into the install and it should be very painless. Looks like i'm gonna have to learn to stop parking in gear... i've started the transition into breaking the habit already though. IDK why I do it, it just feels safer to park in gear.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project