HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by brutekiller787
trust i have to say that the only thing about the car that i don't like is how far the ws2 tip sticks out from the back. it looks like it's half a foot past the back bumper. that would just drive me nuts
agreed, but other than that dude ur car is dope!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by brutekiller787
trust i have to say that the only thing about the car that i don't like is how far the ws2 tip sticks out from the back. it looks like it's half a foot past the back bumper. that would just drive me nuts
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, i know.
lol, so here's the story behind that.
I had a Civic, an automatic base model 4-door Civic, and then I bought this. I swapped every mod on the Civic over to the Del Sol, and then I got to the exhaust and to my expectations, it was too long. I took it an exhaust shop and they cut the exhaust piping shorter and this is the best they could get it. And with the WS2 being nearly $500 there was no way I wasn't keeping it.

I plan on getting a rear lip and that should shorten the amount it sticks out to about 1-1.5 inches and it'll look a lot better.
It doesn't help that the Del Sol rear bumper seems really high up, leaving the exhaust sticking out really far.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Snail'n Admin

shut up and get boost, newb

Old 11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

yea i mean mine took a little "gentle persuation" to get it exactly how i want it. which is centered perfectly in the indent in the bumper and in about half an inch from the back. for an ebay exhaust, it looks and sounds great

Old 11-26-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
shut up and get boost, newb
i'm saving
next week when i get paid i'm opening a new savings account and depositing most of my pay.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

Does it say DOHC on the side of your car? I thought you were a d16z6?

The car's looking pretty slick. Now how about some xenons

Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Does it say DOHC on the side of your car? I thought you were a d16z6?
nah, it says SOHC
I got D-series pride

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
The car's looking pretty slick. Now how about some xenons
haha, if you're buyin'

Old 11-28-2008, 10:53 PM

Update:
I'm currently waiting on a used passenger side door lock mechanism/actuator, 2 new interior door handles ('96/'97, which means they're black instead of grey - my door panels have already been swapped to '96/'97 so these will match) from majestic Honda, and 2 used exterior door handles (my driver's side one broke, and the passenger one has broke and I rigged it to work... and i'm paying like $40 total for both, shipped, from different people). I'm getting new SOHC VTEC decals for the side (like $10 on ebay), this time in flat black, and an OEM replica rear panel "del Sol" decal in flat black also. I don't really want my car debadged, obviously, and I think the flat black decals will actually look pretty cool and add to my stealth look.

On Monday i'm opening a savings account for the turbo project and will be depositing its first funds. I plan on buying the turbo/manifold/downpipe as a combo, most likely before I buy anything else so that I can seize any opportunity immediately and since obviously a lot of the turbo parts will not be determined until I know for sure that I get a 15B. Hopefully I will get a 15B and it looks like I will since I see the greddy ones on craigslist locally a lot for good deals.

Also, I got some Meguiars interior detailer and leather cleaner/conditioner.

I also plan on getting my tint redone sometime soon... the guy is charging my only $140 to remove my old tint and replace it with 10%. I'm gonna ask him about getting a small (maybe 2") strip across the top of the windshield (my visors suck).

I guess after the turbo project is all done, which will be a while, i'll look into getting some new rims again... i'm dyin' to have some nice black 16's to complete my stealth appearance. Also, far in the future I plan on getting a Mugen Replica rear lip.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-29-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:12 PM

valve cover nuts, upper dash vents, OEM shift **** pending sale; removed from thread

EDIT: WOW, epic fail
meant to post in my for sale thread

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-30-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:07 AM
HCF Member

Haha just as bad as me double posting about a cluster I liked.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project