HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Stiffler's "Stupid = awesome"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

Bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppp moar stupid!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Cat Fuсker

Two weeks ago I broke down in the middle of Manhattan. I intended to break down in jersey, but didn't quite make it. Towed back home and waited for a new flywheel/clutch/PP. Today finally got that installed. What surprised the living hell out of me was the stock clutch setup. Basically it had a flex plate just like an automatic, and the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel were one unit that was bolted from the back into the flex-plate. I have no complaints since this setup lasted for 179K miles. It was just weird, that's all. It was all replaced by a proper flywheel out of a turbo LeBaron, a turbo 2 clutch disk and a turbo 3 pressure plate. The pedal feel is awesome, but I have to relearn to drive. I didn't stall only due to the heavier flywheel. Unfortunately I broke the oil pressure sensor while getting this done, but that'll get fixed tomorrow. Both mufflers are burnt through and the cat is shot. Time for 2.75" exhaust, or 3". I first have to decide on the turbo I will run and than pick that.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

Sound like you have your work cut out for you. Can't wait to see more progress

Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Any progress??? Been looking forward to hearing about this project for a while now!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Cat Fuсker

Yeah, there's progress. I'm looking for a different body to swap the 2.5 5-speed into. We tore into the rockers and fixing the rust on this body will be out of the question. I'm looking for a town and country body since that has all the wiring I would have to otherwise run. It's also the long wheelbase body and will have the bigger brakes and more room to work with in the suspension department... I just have to find a clean one with a blown engine and/or tranny.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Cat Fuсker

Ok, so haven't updated in a while. I had to bleed the brakes because there wasn't enough fluid in the reservoir and as the pads wore down I got a lot of air into the system to the point the brakes stopped working. Basically flushed all the old dirty fluid out. 5/16's bleeder screws are a damn nonsense. Also fixed the sliding door since it was very hard to move.

As far as the actual project goes - swapped the gauge cluster for one with a tach, oil pressure gauge and a volt meter. Car feels a lot better now :-D

Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 PM

You ever find a donor body?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Cat Fuсker

nothing that satisfies my demands. I think most of them went into cash for clunkers. I think I'll continue building this thing and use it as a test car and when I finally find "The one" I will just swap everything over.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

how did I miss this thread? totally awesome. I've seen videos of turbo'd Oddysseys kicking nuts on the dragstrip...

Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Cat Fuсker

Are there any engineers who are willing to help with hinge design? I need the side door to flip up and over the roof instead of sliding to the side. The way it is it will be hitting my new wheels and fender flares.

Quick Reply: Stiffler's "Stupid = awesome"