HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov's Build FINISHED 5/19 (pics pg 14)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Default RE: Sov's Build

def a sick ride u have there love it all ...performance and styling looks awesome..

Old 05-28-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

I bet it runs EIGHTS haha Jk. Sickkk build. I cant stop looking back.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 PM

Well, went to the dyno today.

Turns out that the car couldn't make 16psi, it kept blowing open the BOV... need to put the bigger spring on it. It also ended up blowing a coupler and ending my night.

But, on 12psi with still very very conservative timing (didn't get to play with timing today) the car made 250whp and 210wtq at 10:5 AFRs through full boost lol. I was having trouble getting the fuel maps right, the car wanted a lot less fuel than I was expecting but I did end up getting 11:5 through full boost before the coupler blew.

So, with some more aggressive timing and leaner fuel maps the car will easily make 260whp+ on 12psi, which lines me up for 300whp no problem on 16psi.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM

~12:1 should work nicely for you. I'll be interested to see what you come up with boost under control.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Yeah, 12:1 should be fine, if it dips a little low into the 11s here and there I'm not too worried, I just want it as stable as possible through boost.

I'm shooting for next friday to get back on the dyno, will hopefully get to take my dad with me since he's been excited to watch me dyno the car for some time now. Heading out right now to try and get that coupler back on, driving around with no boost SUCKS!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

yeah man, get all of that fixed and then hit us with a solid number, after all you gotta set the bar for the rest of us D builders on here
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

sounds good sov, can't wait to see what you can do this week.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 PM

Ugh, this is getting really old.

I've been dealing with the bugs in Crome for some time now, most of you won't notice any unless you are the one tuning it. I'm so fed up with it. Today the program refused to open, even after reinstalling it, then after an hour I finally got an older version to work so I uploaded my .bin and drove to the dyno.

Once the car was strapped down, my realtime emmulator would not connect with Crome. I checked and 100x checked my settings and I know they were right, it would simply not connect.

So alas I've made the decision to move to Hondata S300 and put all of this free stuff behind me. Crome is a good piece of software, but I am tired of using an emmulator, burning chips, having chips fall apart, software bugs, no datalogging, and stuff constantly corrupting and having to start over again.

This is going to set me back again, but this is how cars work. I've said it a thousand times, but making power isn't cheap nor easy, and right now my car is a perfectly good example of what I mean.

I thank everyone for their patience in this, trust me I'm as excited as everyone else to see what this car will truly do. Hopefully this will be the last time I have dyno trouble, but it will be a couple of weeks before I do get back on the dyno as I have to learn the Hondata software etc etc etc.

I'll keep everyone updated!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i knew you would switch from chrome to hondata eventualy lol

Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

i knew you would switch from chrome to hondata eventualy lol
Lol, should have just done it in the first place. I was thinking about doing it for a while, but when Vince let me play with the Hondata software I was immediately hooked on it, it's a very nice program.

Only downside is that I am going to be without my car for a week, I'm sending out my ECU to Hondata for them to chip and socket it so obviously my car won't run. Oh well, at least I won't have to pay for gas for a week. [8D]

Quick Reply: Sov's Build FINISHED 5/19 (pics pg 14)