HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Woo woo, conversion is DONE! Was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be as far as today's events go. Once I had pulled the climate control and cluster out of the dashboard, I realized that I didn't need to pull the dashboard out to get the harness out. So, while my dad finished running the floor harness through the passenger side I pulled the dash harness and ran the new one.

That's the old CX dash harness, notice how hacked the radio harness is. The stock radio was replaced with a tape player, yeah you heard me, a tape player. The interior also smells exactly like my grandmothers, so whoever owned this car was certainly female and old (which is probably why they could drive stick, lol).

Harnessless dashboard.

Dashboard rewired and all of my pieces installed. Basic panasonic headunit (CD player), EX cluster, and the stock radio is pushed in the back of the dash so that I can have keyless entry. :thumbup:

Passenger side door finished.

Driver side door finished.

Interior reinstalled and then vacuumed the carpet. Seats were then reinstalled.

Working EX cluster.

Working CD player and all of it's units.

When we first turned on the car there were two problems. The first was that the CD player was not getting power. Grabbed a test light and found the problem, when we pulled the dash out of the coupe the aftermarket harness that I bought for the CD got caught on something and pulled the pin out. Needless to say, we repinned it in the wrong spot and the player didn't have any power.

2nd problem was that the windows didn't roll up. If you refer back to the first picture in this post, the CX dash harness is sitting next to the EX dash fuse box. There are three large relays at the top. The top left one says "PW" on it for power windows. Swapped that into our CX fuse box and walla, power windows.

Everything works like a charm. I have power locks with keyless entry, working power windows, a CD player, and a tach. :thumbup: Overall work, about 10 hours total, mind I had no idea what I was doing and had to figure out everything as I went. If I had to do it again, I could probably cut the time in half.

Was it worth it? Absolutely. =)

Now I have to go replace my dome light bulb, lol. I burnt it out with the doors being open for so long. :P

----------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty set on champion white absolute, reason being is that I'm trying to save as much of the 5000 as I can. I really don't want to pour it all into a car, although it probably will end up that way. Champion white is a stock Honda color, easy to respray a panel when it gets scratched (not if, lol, when). Paint will only be done on the outside, as the interior will probably stay in for most of the time.

I still haven't gotten the money, so date as far as paint goes is up in the air. Probably won't be for a while though, I want to get it done before school starts but we'll see how that turns out. Lots of work to do still, but so far so good.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 PM
HCF Member

idk, i really say keep it silver (well, depending on the current paintjob condition) it will save you a crap load of cash, time, and you'll have a lot better quality car. i say just get a mean looking spoiler and lip and work on the suspension.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

idk, i really say keep it silver (well, depending on the current paintjob condition) it will save you a crap load of cash, time, and you'll have a lot better quality car. i say just get a mean looking spoiler and lip and work on the suspension.
Car defo needs a new paint job, silver hides scratches well in pictures.

I have Koni's, Grounds, ETD Traction bar and rear LCAs. What suspension do I need still? Lol.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:17 PM
HCF Member

my bad, didn't know.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

Glad to see that your project is coming along well, sound slike right now were in the same boat waiting for our money to come. it sucks when you have it sitting out there and you want to do more work to it.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Looking good man, glad my car has all power as that swap looked like it sucked lol.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

nice job on the rewire looks clean, hey what might you be doing with that flat rear center councel in the ex? im looking for a spare for mine just in case type deal??

Old 07-31-2007, 01:37 PM

Well I sold the coupe to someone who is going to fix it for a DD. I told him that he'll probably get it in a few weeks. So whatever came out of the hatch got tossed in the coupe for the guy to have, I just want to get my stuff out of it.

On another note, wired up my gauges last night. Built a wire harness and everything for them, so now all I need to do is hook them up to the senders when I put the new engine in.

Someone gave me the carbon fiber bezel for free, picture doesn't do it justice. Since I have CF series autometer gauges, it looks like they are a part of the bezel. Like I said, gauges don't function but they sure as hell light up, hehe.

STILL haven't gotten my insurance money, so last night I fronted my own money for the IC piping that I need and I also purchased the new Synapse BOV because I got tired of the Greddy RS that I had. Couldn't wait for the money because the only chance I have to install the engine before school is the 11-12th of August, so that means I need to hurry up and get my stuff here.

Pics as it all comes.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

Beautiful upgrades. I'm so jealous.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

man that bezel/gauges look GREAT! I'm super super jealous. Congrats on the power upgrades, and you're planning on painting EVERYTHING white right? Like side bumpers/side skirts/lips (if you get any) right? Thatd look so good.

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch