HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

ORIGINAL: mxs

nice progress so far. Glad the wheels survived.

auto-x is few and far between around here.
what! you're like 45 minutes from where the Philly Region SCCA runs. That's not far at all
you should take your car to one, before it goes in for paint [8D]
I have 4 drag strips within driving distance, and the KOP SCCA doesn't run that often as far as I've been hearing. I don't know, I stopped looking into it over a year ago.

Kokasian, although you can't really see it in the pics, the car needs some body work. Has a few very minor rust spots that need to be taken out, and some deep scratches etc. Plus, I'm not a fan of silver because everything is silver.
word, ur close to alot of the Philly Region events.i race with Philly Region when they hold event at Ripken Stadium in Maryland, great group fo sho. they've held alot of events at Warminster this year, i believe theres 2 left this year at Warminster with Philly.

anyways, sucks about the coupe but that hatch is gena be pretty sick.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

awesome build so far sov, can't wait to see more pics of everything done. im in florida right now, ill get back with ya on those parts if i want them or not when i get back

Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

leave it to you sov to do something as extreme to convert a car completely to a different model, engine swaps just arent enough for super sov.

this car is going to look tight though, good luck with everything, wish i was there to help ya out cuz i know your about ready to take a baseball bat to your dash [:@]

Old 07-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Aryiman, I still have the wiper arms but I didn't know where you ran off to and someone else bought the taillights. Sorry dude.

Johnny, the hatch is a lot lighter than the coupe was. And now with the extra money, you damn well better believe that I'm pulling out all the stops and going for 10s.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

Well with the amount of work you did on your coupe i cannot wait to see how long this thread becomes....wish i had that kinda money lol but nice car(s) and goodluck definately shoudl try to auto cross it itd be nice to see what it can really do....goodluck

Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

i thought that, ignoring the engine, the chassis of the hatchback was only about 20 pounds lighter than that of the coupe?

Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Starting my own business?
Go that route, best idea I ever had.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: theblackpearl

i thought that, ignoring the engine, the chassis of the hatchback was only about 20 pounds lighter than that of the coupe?
More like 250.

Pete, I do agree. However, time/space is also a factor but I certainly have to start somewhere.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM

God damn, this power swap is such a nightmare. I have to swap EVERY DAMN HARNESS in the interior. :|

Note - No, I was not aware of the work that I needed to do for this power swap, but when I start something I finish it. After today I'm about half way through, started raining so I decided to pack it in.

Here is the donor.

And here is the donee. I'm beginning to like the stance of the hatch more and more.

First things first, had to start tearing all of the parts that I needed out of the coupe. We did this stuff last week in about 2 hours. Afterall, it's easy to tear apart a car you'll never use again.

Driver side door.

Yes, that's my exhaust and yes, the end touches the trunk. :P

Dashboard from the coupe.

Coupe as it sits now. My pop was going over the mess of wires over there by the fuse box.

Passenger door.

Today I began to pull apart the hatch. Pretty much pulled or moved the entire interior. Why? Because the floor harness runs from the driver front corner to about halfway through to the door where it splits. One side bridges over the ebrakes and runs to the other door, the other goes back to the fuel pump and across to the other door latch. ****ing nightmare.

Here's the hatchy after I already put half of the interior I wanted to in the damn thing.

Sunny day, and all of a sudden I got rained on for about 5 minutes. What the crap!

Coupe dash harness.

On the left, CX driver door harness. On the right, EX driver door harness. Yeah, about that.

On the left, EX electronically actuated door lock. On the right, CX manual door lock. If none of you have ever changed the locks in your car, don't. It took me about an hour just to pull the lock out of the coupe, ****ing tamperproof stuff that I had to figure out how to get around. :|

Top, EX window actuator, bottom CX roll 'em up style hunk of crap. These weren't hard to swap, but pulling the CX one out of the car was a bit tricky.

Driver side door just about done. Does it look any different? No, that's the worst part about these damn doors. You can'tsee****.

Passenger side door half way done. I finished that up and then set up the wiring harness in the driver side door before it started raining.

Tomorrow hopefully the rain won't be around and I'll be able to swap the dash harness, floor harness, and fuse box.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

Recipient not Donee lol

Looks like that is pretty good progress for not knowing what your doing lol, unless you know what you are doing. lol

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch