HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

love how the paint turned out, very nice. MORE PICTURES!

Old 09-29-2007, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

holy sh*t Aaron, that is honestly the sexiest front end i've ever seen. and with the FMIC behind it, ooooooooh [8D]

Old 09-29-2007, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

Should finish everything up tomorrow. Gonna take a few pics then.

Also a bunch of my friends are going to take some pics with their mucho better camera's.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

Holy crap, its about time for an update! Wheee it looks so good. Im loving the lip and foglight housings, Holy crap. Lets get some vids of the D too!
What exhaust are you running? i thought it was a Apexi World Sport 2

Old 09-29-2007, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

ORIGINAL: rice_patrol

Should finish everything up tomorrow. Gonna take a few pics then.

Also a bunch of my friends are going to take some pics with their mucho better camera's.
I want copies of the full resolution versions

Old 09-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Ok, took me a little longer than I expected today... so it ended up being dark by the time I got to take pics.

Definitely get some pics tomorrow after school. The HIDs make things so much nicer to see, need to still adjust them a bit more as they illuminate EVERYTHING.

Johnny, I sold the WS2 a few years ago man lol. I have a custom 3" catless turbo back with a magnaflow muffler now.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

looks sweet!!!!!!!
IC just blends right in
tho why no caps over the liscence plate holes?
what are those 4K or 6K HIDs? looks preaty white... im guessing 4Ks

Old 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM

6K and I haven't even paid attention to the license plate holes in the bumper lol.

Ok, since my posts generally have some tech in them. The following was the painting process.

-Collect all of the parts. Since the front of the car needed some work I decided to change it to the 99-00 style front. In turn I needed to get the following.
99-00 fenders
99-00 front bumper
99-00 hood (in this case Seibon Carbon Fiber)
99-00 grill
99-00 front headlights
-Next I had to pull off any of the plastic or rubber molding parts off of the car. Side moldings, side skirts, wing, license plate holder, etc. The front bumper was then mocked up and cut up the way I wanted it. Did not want to go cutting a freshly painted bumper!
-I breifly mocked up the new parts and cut out the bumpers and made the necessary modifications to make everything fit roughly well so that I had to do limited modifying when I got everything back painted.
-Sent the 99-00 fenders, grill, front bumper, side molding, side skirts, spoon mirrors, license plate bracket, and any other little things that I wanted painted.
-Got the fenders back. They were trimmed out so that they A) wouldn't rust and B) would look best once on the car.
-Installed and fitted the fenders. Lined them up, and I also put the hood on breifly to make sure the body lines worked well. After I did this, I finished uninstalling all of the little things that I didn't before like the antenna, rubber roof strips, side mirrors, rear bumper, etc. Any reputable shop will want to paint bumpers SEPERATELY from the car, remember that!
-Drove the car to the shop and it was painted and the rust spots were fixed etc etc etc.
-Got the car back, drove it home and slowly and carefully reinstalled everything.
-Lips were installed with screws and double sided tape. The owner of the shop also gave me an can of "pro bond" that made the double sided tape something along the lines of super glue.
-Refitted the front bumper and had to cut some of the foglight bracket in order to get the bumper to fit correctly.
-Remounted the IC with a level and a ruler. I wanted it to be perfect and I made it so.
-Installed fog lights and HIDs.

Enjoyed!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

All that work you did shows. The car looks like a dream.
I didnt even know you got rid of the ws2, i was going to say, it must hold back a lot of horsepower[8D]
Keep up the updates. I'm ready to hear the kills.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:00 AM
HCF Member

i am gonna let it slide cause you didn't get a full ricer HID kit... but if you pull up next to a car with a retrofit you will see the difference lol

Car is lookin sexy man, i have to have a copy of those pictures when they get taken

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch