HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

could..... BUT i HIGHLY DOUBT he could get another KILLER deal like he got on this civic....
i know i WISH i could find a civic that cheap! im keeping my eye out tho! i want a manual coupe or hatch! hatch mainly just cause i love the looks. i just WISH the dealership hadnt sold the hatch i was originaly looking at last year.
or id be rocken it right now!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Got quoted for about $1800 for paint today, which isn't bad at all. Prepped, primered, painted, wetsanded and then buffed to a shine is what I'm promised for that price, and I've seen his work and it is stupid good. He's also making sure that I get what I need done so that nothing chips or rusts a few years later.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Got quoted for about $1800 for paint today, which isn't bad at all. Prepped, primered, painted, wetsanded and then buffed to a shine is what I'm promised for that price, and I've seen his work and it is stupid good. He's also making sure that I get what I need done so that nothing chips or rusts a few years later.
thats a f*ckload of money for paint but if u got it and atleast it will last

Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

thats an assload of money, but for what you are getting, its still a really good deal. my brother in law paints, and doing a full color change at cost will cost me somewhere around 1000 and thats doing all the work ourselves.

also likin the build a lot man. in fact just ran into a guy today selling a b18 gsr swap for a civic for 1800 with everything i need so hopefully i will have my own build thread sometime soon.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

dannnngg 1800 for that? and entire paint change and all. WOW. I wanna go there. Anywhere around here to do a color paint change like that would cost anywhere between 3-5grand!! Where do you live sov? haha

Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

what would it run to just get a new same color paint job? i need one uber bad

Old 08-28-2007, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

cant wait gonna look ill with all the CF accents

Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
HCF Member

he has the EXACT same taste in cars as me, keep err clean with a touch of carbon, gonna love this

cant wait till my motor is beefed up to the moon so i can actually make mycar look nice lol

Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Spanky

thats a f*ckload of money for paint but if u got it and atleast it will last
Sure, I could go to Maaco and have them throw me a $500 paint job that has a single coat of primer and a quick spray with the color I want. That won't last for **** though. $1800 is for everything prepped correctly, all damaged fixed (sorry, forgot to add that it wasn't JUST paint) and everything coated, cleared several times, and then on top of that wet sanded and hard shine buffed. Most shops don't do the latter unless you're paying an assload of cash.

It's about on par with what I was expecting, the minor rust spots and dent pulls add to the price a bit too.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 AM
HCF Member

Its coming along so nice.

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch