HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch

holy sh*t, thast quite the day

going back, HOW DID I MISS YOUR CAR GETTING PAINTED?! WTF?!

and the valve cover is amazing IM looks great, basically the whole things looks aweosme, cant wait to see it complteyl finsiehd

Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

holy sh*t, thast quite the day

going back, HOW DID I MISS YOUR CAR GETTING PAINTED?! WTF?!

and the valve cover is amazing IM looks great, basically the whole things looks aweosme, cant wait to see it complteyl finsiehd
Car isn't painted yet, you haven't missed anything yet.

I am surprised and happy that we got it so far just today, for a while I thought we were gonna finish up but the fabbing stuff takes a long *** time and we decided to finish around 5 or so.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

So when should i start hanging around the H-T kill stories section?[8D]

Old 08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

the wastegate mainly controls the amount of boost right? can you take closer pictures of your of your wastegate again? i wanna know where the hole right under the wastegate leads to.
sorry for making you do this, but the internet doesn't tend to show clear pictures that really show how a turbo is really set up, the internet only explains the process or function of a turbo system

Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

wow sov that looks great man. when you start doing numerous turbo installs it goes pretty damn smooth and if you have all the right parts its a piece of cake.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

1st turbo build = months upon months of pain staking work

2nd = a day sweatin' your *** off

Old 08-11-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: theblackpearl

the wastegate mainly controls the amount of boost right? can you take closer pictures of your of your wastegate again? i wanna know where the hole right under the wastegate leads to.
sorry for making you do this, but the internet doesn't tend to show clear pictures that really show how a turbo is really set up, the internet only explains the process or function of a turbo system
The hole under the wastegate gets vented to atmosphere, not much else to see. You're not going to see anything else if I take super close up pictures, it's very simple. 2 pathes for the air to take, one goes through the turbocharger and spins the turbocharger, the other goes through the wastegate, skipping the turbo and either can be routed to expel to atmosphere or go back into the exhaust. It's nothing complicated at all.

Engine's in.

Ok, started off this morning by putting the torsion bars on the traction bar on. Bolted everything up and put the piping back on.

Moved on to the charge piping. It's weird when you spend an hour trying to figure something out, put it down, come back the next day and figure it out in 5 minutes. We cut about 2" off one end of the 45 and put the couplers in, not perfectly straight but it works. Also put the new BOV on, the vacuum line was changed significantly later.

After that, all we had to do was wire up the gauges, boost controller, and wideband. We did that, and that was it. Finished at last!

By the time I got home I had to reclamp a coupler lol. I put some hair spray on it, hoping that does the job. She facking moves though, and the traction bar makes a huge difference in having traction.

Also got my check for the coupe today, so I'm going to put that in my account and start ordering parts. =)

Old 08-11-2007, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

Awesome. Pure Awesome. Looks great, Sov!

Old 08-11-2007, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

your a nutcase, cant believe you finished this so freakin fast. unbelievable

whats in store for the check you just recieved in the mail? rings / retainers / cam gear maybe? or did you already beef up your head besides your cam.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

he's pretty much done with the motor, he said earlier in the thread that he's doing a front conversion, and paint job with a few accessories.

Quick Reply: Sov Build Ver. 1.2 - EK Hatch