HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
hobo, did the hatchbacks come with rear floormats? should I order the 4 door set or the two door? and my interior is dark grey, should I order black?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 AM

Thats a good question. I would think the set from the 2door would fit the hatchback, but I'm not 100%.

This is what they looked like right out of the box. A nice bit of them goes under the seat. How big is that area behind the seats?
Name:  DSC02048.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  86.4 KB

Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 AM
HCF Member

I'm assuming thats the "black" set? There's a decent amount of foot-room back there. Surely someone on this forum would know...

would taking a picture of the foot-area behind the front seats help? I could even measure it with a tape measure, maybe? I'll get right on it once I get my car back.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the noise problem I was talking about? when I get the car back, I can take it for a drive and try to record something with my phone so you guys have an idea of what I'm talking about...

Old 03-11-2011, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

what do u mean by whine? the same kind of whine like your tranny makes in reverse? or what?

Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 88MoParCivic
what do u mean by whine? the same kind of whine like your tranny makes in reverse? or what?
it sounds kinda like that, yeah.

I'll be getting my car back tomorrow, with a fresh rack and pinion and with my Teins and Konis installed. Hopefully after an alignment, it drives like a new car.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shandles
I'll be getting my car back tomorrow, with a fresh rack and pinion and with my Teins and Konis installed. Hopefully after an alignment, it drives like a new car.
How much was the rack replacement? j/w...

EDIT - Just read $750 on the previous page.

The whine.... do you have an aftermarket sound system installed?

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

well acutally, it was more than 750. The mechanic said that the rear LCA bolts were seized (surprise!!) and that it was cheaper for him to replace the entire LCA rather than just the bushings...so he did....with OEM! They were like $180. Hell, for a little bit more I could have had some Function 7's.

You think I'll be able to sell the OEM ones in a few months so I can put on a sway bar? Or maybe I should just leave it alone and say **** the sway bar?

Anyways, my dad paid for it because he said he knows how it is to have a ****ty job, even after college. I'm going to pay him back, but not all of it. All together I think it cost over 900. I'll probably pay him back about half of it, using my tax return.

Getting ready to go pick it up!

oh, and cvcrcr99 - No aftermarket sound system here. Err...at least, no subs. Its got an aftermarket cd player and (I was told) aftermarket speakers in all 4 places. However there IS a amp wiring kit hooked up and *wired through the damn door *

Think the amp wiring kit is causing some noise? I'd be more than happy to rip that bitch out of there. Subs aren't for me. I listen to metal and don't need subs.

Last edited by Shandles; 03-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM

I doubt you will be able to sell the OEMs for anything above $100.

Can you turn your head unit off? Not all the way down, but actually "off"? If so, does the noise go away?

I would yank out the entire sound system and start over with the wiring.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:02 AM
HCF Member

Does the wine very with rpm?
If so, is it while in neutral or in gear or both?

If while in neutral......

If there is no amp connected to the amp kit/ wires you shouldn't get any feedback wine through the stereo but it is possible.

Typical feedback wine is normally heard through the amp'd speakers but it is possible under the right/ wrong circumstances to get feedback through speaker level outputs.

Easiest way to find out is if they main amp power wire is connected to the battery, disconnect it.

It should not be hooked up any way if it is not in use.

The usual cause for feedback or wine is electrical interference from the main power cable feeding into the rca cables.

Dayton

Quick Reply: Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"