HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

I'm pretty sure this car was in a wreck at some point. I dont think that the windshield is sitting in place properly. Its cold right now, so I haven't ran it through a car wash, but when it gets really cold outside there is frost on the inside of the windshield. Plus, the rubber molding on the roof doesn't lay flat, as if it has been pushed backwards and is bunched a little.

This theory would also explain the black hood and grill, the sanded drivers side front fender and possibly the sqeaking in the front suspension...

what do you guys suggest I do? should I consider selling it and finding a different one? I really hate to do that because, even though its rough around the edges, I really love this car.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

So funds have been low lately, because its been snowing once a week. This past snow brought about 2 feet and since I can't get out of my parking lot, I haven't been to work. Next weekend I will be getting the suspension installed and having it aligned shortly thereafter.

the next thing I'd really like to do is upgrade to an EX or SI cluster, but I can't seem to find any around here. I've looked in yards and on CL. They're expensive on eBay. Wasn't there someone here on the forum who claimed to have a collection of clusters? I thought it was KingDakota, but I guess I was wrong.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

I like what I am reading. post n00dz of the car.

Also, do not sell it, just keep working on it. it will be legendary one day!!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:38 AM
HCF Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Funtington
I like what I am reading. post n00dz of the car.

Also, do not sell it, just keep working on it. it will be legendary one day!!
Thanks for the support. I don't plan on selling it. It really sucks driving a riced out civic around town though. The other day I caught an old mercedes full of frat boys (I live in a college town) laughing at my car as they drove past me. I really need to paint the hood and get rid of my loud exhaust. Every single light I come to, no matter if its some kid in his mom's nissan altima or some old hillbilly in his jacked up 89 chevy, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM thinks I want to race them. And guess what? I don't. I don't dump the clutch, I shift at like 3 grand, and yet... they still blow past me acting like ******** because I have a loud exhaust. Good job dude!! Your mom's van is faster than my hatch. Good for you!!

sometimes I really hate living in a college town.,

Anyways, I really haven't done anything to my car. Money's been tight because its been snowing so much around here that I haven't even been able to get to work very much. All my paychecks have been going to bills and rent.

ps- if anyone knows where I can get an ex or (preferably) an SI cluster, then hit me up! I'm dying to get rid of this damn tach.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shandles
Thanks for the support. I don't plan on selling it. It really sucks driving a riced out civic around town though. The other day I caught an old mercedes full of frat boys (I live in a college town) laughing at my car as they drove past me. I really need to paint the hood and get rid of my loud exhaust. Every single light I come to, no matter if its some kid in his mom's nissan altima or some old hillbilly in his jacked up 89 chevy, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM thinks I want to race them. And guess what? I don't. I don't dump the clutch, I shift at like 3 grand, and yet... they still blow past me acting like ******** because I have a loud exhaust. Good job dude!! Your mom's van is faster than my hatch. Good for you!!

Anyways, I really haven't done anything to my car. Money's been tight because its been snowing so much around here that I haven't even been able to get to work very much. All my paychecks have been going to bills and rent.

ps- if anyone knows where I can get an ex or (preferably) an SI cluster, then hit me up! I'm dying to get rid of this damn tach.
I can get you one outta my local yard. Si might have to wait but I can pull you a stock one for your car?? Down to help any honda ***** out.

POST ****ING PICTURES NOWWWW MOAAARRR PHOTOS!! I will go lower this weekend if you post noodz

EDIT** Leave the loud *** exhaust get it mounted so it sits sideways, then swap your car. when people **** around thinking your a stock civic with fart cannon, drop into v tec and rape.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Wasn't there someone here on the forum who claimed to have a collection of clusters? I thought it was KingDakota, but I guess I was wrong.
That was Splat if I recall correctly. However, he is planning on using them for something I believe.

The other day I caught an old mercedes full of frat boys (I live in a college town) laughing at my car as they drove past me. I really need to paint the hood and get rid of my loud exhaust. Every single light I come to, no matter if its some kid in his mom's nissan altima or some old hillbilly in his jacked up 89 chevy, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM thinks I want to race them. And guess what? I don't. I don't dump the clutch, I shift at like 3 grand, and yet... they still blow past me acting like ******** because I have a loud exhaust. Good job dude!! Your mom's van is faster than my hatch. Good for you!!

I live in a college town, too, so I can kind of understand what you are saying. However, just don't even look at them them sitting at a light. That way, you won't know or care what they are doing/saying. It is good to hear that you are not street racing. Let the other idiots get pulled over for reckless driving/speeding.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

Gimme a little time to make sure I've covered all the junkyards around here before I go and have anyone else looking around for a cluster for me. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find one close to me...

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
That was Splat if I recall correctly. However, he is planning on using them for something I believe.

I live in a college town, too, so I can kind of understand what you are saying. However, just don't even look at them them sitting at a light. That way, you won't know or care what they are doing/saying. It is good to hear that you are not street racing. Let the other idiots get pulled over for reckless driving/speeding.
ah, crap. whats he gonna DO with them? man, if he's got an SI cluster, he should sell it to me!! haha

and yeah, of course I'm not street racing. Its stupid. And besides, with this little non vtec d16... the only thing I'd beat is bicyclists and geo metros.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 PM

ah, crap. whats he gonna DO with them? man, if he's got an SI cluster, he should sell it to me!! haha
I think he said he was going to use them to make some sort of coffee table by having them face up, and putting a piece of glass over top.

I doubt he has a SI cluster (unless recently acquired) b/c he was mentioning something about looking for one on the cheap when I was in the market a little while ago.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

gonna buy a wink mirror with my paycheck this week, and maybe I'll use these books I just got for Valentine's day to sticker-bomb the **** out of it (yeah, I got presents for Valentine's day...what can I say? My girlfriend is badass) Pictures soon to follow.

Attached Thumbnails Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"-img_0163.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

update: the car is at a shop right now having the suspension put on (which my dad offered to pay for). But while the car was in there the mechanic (a trusted family friend) pretty much convinced my dad that I needed to get a new rack and pinion (it IS leaking pretty badly...) I PROMISE TO POST PICTURES when I get it back.

He said he'd do the whole deal (installation of suspension AND rack and pinion) for $750. My dad is going to pay for $250. I'm getting my taxes done on Thursday, which should cover my part of $500. After I get it towed back to where I live, I'm gonna run it up to a shop somewhere to get it aligned.

I can't decide what to do next. If I have any money left over, I'd like to buy my friend's H22 so he doesn't sell it to anyone else. After that, I'll probably tackle the interior. I need to redo the headliner and door panels. I also need to paint the pillar bars and assorted plastic pieces in the headliner to match the rest of the interior.

I need new floormats. Where is a good place to get factory ones? Honda doesn't make them anymore, right? Should I just go with some wal mart specials?(no ugly rubber ones, but some with carpet)

I also need a new cluster, so I can get rid of my stupid tach. I saw one the other day on HT for 60. Nothing special, just an EX manual transmission cluster with about the same miles as my car. When I get it I'd like to order some LED's and stick them back there. Will also most likely get some for the stupidly dim dome light too.

I also should mention that when I gave my car over to the mechanic I also told him to look at my transmission. It has been making a funny whining noise when under any kind of "load". I thought it was a bearing going out. But he took it for a test drive and blamed it on my aftermarket SRI. My problem with his assessment is that I am pretty sure I put it in neutral and revved it to see if I still heard the whine... and no whine. What do you guys think? Its really going to suck if I get the car back and the trannsmission dumps on me a week or two later.

ps- the mechanic in question works at a transmission shop during the day and works on cars in his own garage on the side. So you would THINK he would know what he's talking about...

Quick Reply: Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"