HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM

200 lbs? I thought it was 45 lbs.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 AM
HCF Member

H22 is NOT 200 lbs more. More like 50 lbs. It is a complete myth that it weighs so much. Idk where people got 200 lbs.

On that b18 that is a hella good deal. I'm not too sure on the compression numbers but it will be relatively high and not great for boost.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
H22 is NOT 200 lbs more. More like 50 lbs. It is a complete myth that it weighs so much. Idk where people got 200 lbs.

On that b18 that is a hella good deal. I'm not too sure on the compression numbers but it will be relatively high and not great for boost.
only 50 pounds? I doubt that that would make any difference at all, even when pushing through some hard corners or autoxing... but thats what everyone complains about! weird.

and is that a pretty good deal? I found another one with stock pistons and no header for 400. Deals like that pop up around my area all the time. But I can never seem to find any H22's around. I live in Missouri and would be willing to travel to the surrounding states if I had to, for a good enough deal. If anyone reading this finds such a deal, I'd appreciate it if they PM'd me. That being said, I need to get the suspension and paint figured out first...

Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM

I believe it has to do with the motor sitting farther forward, not the weight difference when people talk about handling issues with the H22 in a Civic.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

GOOD NEWS! I have a friend that just sourced up an H22 from a junkyard a couple hours from my house. If I understand correctly, he has it in his possession and wants to help me put it in my car. I'll keep you guys updated.

so, Ive read that when swapping in an H22, one needs to beef up his suspension. I guess to deal with the added weight. Will the Tein S Techs be enough, or should I look into something with a more harsh spring rate?

Any help on this would be great, as I plan on ordering suspension very soon. Money is just sitting in my Paypal waiting to be spent...

Last edited by Shandles; 01-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

*bump for help?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by Shandles
actually, since Im going to get the car painted in the somewhat near future, I'll probably take the H off and have him weld the holes shut. Everybody leaves the H. Im gonna be different.

and you're saying that the intake on my motor isn't the y8 intake? the block is y8, I know that...
get 2 pencils, rip the erasers off. they can be trimmed to fit perfectly in the holes. then paint them with nail polish and your good to go. A few of my friends did this. Cant even tell unless he points it out.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

^That's pretty ghetto LOL. If you aren't going to do it right and have them welded shut I wouldn't do it at all.

And s techs with the H will be fine. Like I said, you don't need to get insanely stiff suspension for H swaps. You'll want stiff suspension if you plan on slamming it, just because it sits lower, but for a small drop don't worry about it. Any questions you have about H swaps I'd be glad to help, if I say so myself I know a lot about them.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
get 2 pencils, rip the erasers off. they can be trimmed to fit perfectly in the holes. then paint them with nail polish and your good to go. A few of my friends did this. Cant even tell unless he points it out.
Im sorry, but thats one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

And Scott, I'll keep you in mind. Plan on hearing from me. =]

Old 01-12-2011, 04:45 AM

^+1

Do it right the first time.

Quick Reply: Shandle's '00 Civic Hatch build aka "The Incredible Hulk"