HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

My z6 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: My z6 Turbo Build

Thanks lol. So yeah, it was just the bad solder joints, i guess the when the chips heated up and expanded the connections broke, and caused my numerous problems lol.

I popped in the fixed ecu, connected the battery. Started it, it high idles perfectly at 2K, started warming up, and it slowly idles down to around 850.

took it out for a spin, not really boosting, only 1 or 2 psi, put i can already notice the difference, expecially from my old engine that was running on 3.5 cylenders.

Monday or tuesday i will have the exhaust welded up. so then atleast i can drive to work for a day or two berfore i go to school.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Good stuff. Tune that bitch up and start rippin!!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:42 AM
HCF Member

my god, if it isnt one thing, its another. no solid cel now, but i am throwing a code 21, which is the vtec solenoid. so today i will be pulling out the multi meter and tracking down that problem., woo hooo lol

Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 AM
HCF Member

Well the code 21 is fixed, it turned out that there were 2 rubber gaskets on the harness connector to the vtec solinoid, the old one had stayed with the harness and the one on the new engine was alredy in the connector, so i just had to take one out and snap the connector in.

I am working on makeing the dump tube, and i am bringing it to the exhaust shop tonight to have the exhaust patched up.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

get a video up man!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

i havent updated this thread in a looooooooong time lol, the exhaust is fixed, the bov is on, and i made an intake and filter assembly, i had to take it off the road because i couldnt afford insurance, being in college and all, but now i just got a job so im goning to buy the tunning equipment and put it back onn the road.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

Well another lil update, i have been tuning it in my spare time that last few weeks, all is going ok so far, i had a few hickups with geting the com settings right for the dataloger and the romulator, but its good now.

I did have one question for those of you that have tuned with crome before, what do i need to set the gear tables to? I found the theoratical max speed per gear, reving out to redline using this site, http://autocrossing.com/cgi-bin/gearcalc.cgi and then input the valuses into the gear table, but i am not sure what goes where, do i use the speeds from 1-4 or 2-5? and should i be calulating using the redline or should i go lower? right now it gets first and secong gear right but when i shift to third it says i shifted to fourth, and when i shift to fourth it says i shifted to fifth

Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

Hey, not too much activity on my end, I did make some vids though, check em out

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_55.../tm.htm#553780

Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

as for the crank bolt...stick a chisel or a screwdriver in the flywheel to keep it from spinning then get the breaker bar on there and jump on it...lol thats how i got mine off...

Old 04-09-2008, 04:51 PM

thats cool man... i have a d16 also... i will prob be in the same road as you... i wanted get the head new valves etc eventually get the bottom end... how much did it cost you for the whole motor ?

Quick Reply: My z6 Turbo Build