HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

My z6 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Default RE: My z6 Turbo Build

looking good. nice build. whhappisssh..

Old 07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

does anyone know where to get a peice of pipe that goes from 2.5" od to 3" od all of the reducers i found on summit racing are all one measurement is id and one measure is od, so they woud line up the way i want it, and i dont want to clamp it. the other thing is these transitions arent very smooth, they are very abrupt changes in size, a nice smooth cone would be best.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

Ok, well i finally found a peice of pipe that is almost exactly what i wanted, figures they had to name it something special like a ventrui tube, w/e lol

Ok i just ordered the rest of the parts, so all i need now is the genaral tune up kind of stuff like, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, oil filter, fuel filter, oil, and anti freeze

Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

OK the old engine is OUT!!!!! started tearing it out at 4:30 and didnt finish till 11:30, we took the axels out, rad and bumper off, header and intake off, and then pulled it out. it went smoothly for the most part, sept for a stripped bolt that held the lower drivers side mount to the frame, so i attempted to remove the center bolt, and didnt know it wasnt a bolts, and snaped the rubber peice out. we also sheared a socket adapter in half, as well as an exension peice. once we got the engine out, we speterated the trans and engine, so i could get the flywheel so it can be resurfaced tomorrow. i took some pics, but its too late to post em now. tomorrow after work.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 AM
HCF Member

Sorry about the lack of updates i havent had any time to pull the pics off the camera and post em. the new engine is in now, i had a few hickups allong the way, the bigest one being the distributor.

I knew that the head on my old engine was not the original head, and prolly came from a y8 engine, that in itself is not a big poroblem, since i am not reusing the head, but i am reusing the distributor. little did i know that the bolt patern is different for the distributors from the z6 and y8.

So The next morning i go to the junkyard, and of course all the distributors are gone. So off to advanced autoparts, there they wanted to charge me 225 for a reman, but i wouldnt be able to get my money back for the core charge, so went home and ordered one from distributor king, anbd payed to have it overnighted here.

Everyting else on the engine is done, turbo is on, intrcooler and all piping is done, oil lines are all hooked up, the downpipe is mint, vacumme manifold is hooked up and mounted. Fule pump and injectors are in.

I wired in the resistor box last night, and made an enclosure for my map sensor, i also started desodlering my ecu. after work today i will finish the ecu, and hook up the map sensor, and then it should be good to go. The few things left to do, that arent important to do before starting it are the blow off vlave needs to be welded on, i need to make a dump tube, and adjust the clutch pedle, there is a bit too much free play. I am impressed with the clutch tho, it is alot lighter then what i thought it would be, should be interesting trying to take off with it.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i demand pics hahaha

Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

Yeha ill deffinatly will get em up today, i didnt even take em, it was my dad lol, i was too busy and too dirty to touch the camera, he would have cut my fingers off if i touched the camera lol. I just haven't uploaded em cause i basicly work from 4:45 when i get home from work to around 11:00 everynight, and all day on the weekend. and i had college orientation on monday, so no work got done then. One thing i am not looking forward to is makeing another pie cut bend for the dump tube, it needs to be really tight to clear the power steering pump, then snake past the ac compressor, as well as the condensor fan, then it needs to job back to clear the DP, oil drain line, and the charge piping lol. everything is really tight on the front of the engine bay, but i think it looks really profesional.

It will be interesting driving to the mechanic to get the exhaust piping welded to gether, open DP FTW!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Recognized HCF Member

open downpipes are so much fun and the turbo spools like crazy

Old 08-15-2007, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

yeah it will be fun on the ride to the mechanic, but i couldnt deal with the noise, and neither can the cops lol, i see a cutout in the future tho.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM

looking good....

Quick Reply: My z6 Turbo Build